Steam Achievement Suggestions

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
I think we should come up with some more achievements to chase after. Everything now is pretty standard. I think we could have a lot of fun with these. I'll start:

I would be interested to head other peoples ideas, especially ones for individual tables. (ie. Get a 50x multiplier on Medieval Madness, etc.)
Make sure you come up with a good name for your achievement! (I'll update mine, some aren't very clever)
Remember not all achievements need to be hard, some are there to teach the player something or to get them to try something they have never done before.
I will compile all new suggestions to this post.

General Achievements

Add-A-Ball - Launch seven new balls in a single game (get 4 extra balls)
Cannoneer - Launch 1,000 balls
I hate these outlanes! - Complete an entire game without draining a ball down the middle. (8 Ball reference by Paladin)
That's a lot of quarters - Play 1,000 games
Tilt warning - Nudge the table 1,000 times in a row without tilting
Death Save! - Achieve a death save
Juggler - Pass the ball between the flippers ten times without hitting a switch on the table
Had enough yet? - Play a single game for over an hour without bringing up the table status by holding in the flipper or having the table search for a stuck ball
On the ball - Complete 10 standard goals
Hobbyist - Complete 50 standard goals
Obsessive - Complete 100 standard goals
The Authority - Complete 200 standard goals
Season one veteran - Complete all the standard goals in season 1
Season two veteran - Complete all the standard goals in season 2
Season three veteran - Complete all the standard goals in season 3
Aspiring for greatness - Complete all the standard goals in seasons 1, 2, and 3
Level 1 Wizard - Complete 10 wizard goals
Level 2 Wizard - Complete 50 wizard goals
Level 3 Wizard - Complete 100 wizard goals
Level 4 Wizard - Complete 200 wizard goals
Baller - Complete all the wizard goals in season 1
Crusher - Complete all the wizard goals in season 2
Ripper - Complete all the wizard goals in season 3
The Legend - Complete all the wizard goals in seasons 1, 2, and 3
One of the best - Get a score in the top 100 on the leaderboards
Master - Get a score in the top 10 on the leaderboards
Top of the heap - Get a top score on the leaderboards
You got to be in it to win it - Play in a tournament
Great showing - Finish in the top 100 in a tournament
Contender - Finish in the top 10 in a tournament
Champion - Win a tournament
Flagrant Button Presser - exited and restarted the same game 20 times before playing the third ball. (TY Netizen)
I could've been a contender! - Complete a game of Champion's Pub without winning any fights (Paladin)
Always gets a replay - Get 1000 replays (Paladin)
Custom made - Set a custom ball for 20 tables (Paladin)
Where's the beef? - Obtain a new cow on Tales of the Arabian Nights (Paladin)
You're one of my favourites - Complete 500 games on one table (Paladin)
Game, Set and Match - Win an end of game match 10 times (Paladin)

Table Specific Achievements

Attack From Mars: Cow Invasion! - Start the Cow Attack video mode. (Pinballwiz45b)
Attack from Mars: Explosive Space Modulator - Score at least 5 billion points in one round of Total Annihilation. (Sean DonCarlos)
Attack From Mars: Oh, baby! - Score a 1 billion point Super Jackpot. (Pinballwiz45b)
Attack From Mars: Supreme Ruler - Rule the Universe 10 times in one game. (Pinballwiz45b)
Big Shot: White Hot Spotlight - Complete a rack by shooting the 8-ball last. (Sean DonCarlos)
Black Hole: Black Hole Sun - Hit the targets B-L-A-C-K-H-O-L-E in that order. (Sean DonCarlos)
Black Knight: It's Just a Flesh Wound - Score at least 500,000 points on your first ball. (Sean DonCarlos)
Black Knight 2000: Give me your money! - Spot a RANSOM letter after collecting a Jackpot, while still in Multiball. (Pinballwiz45b)
Black Knight 2000: My head hurts! - Make at least 8 Skyway Loops in a row. (Pinballwiz45b)
Black Knight 2000: You are true champion! - Get a Jackpot during The King's Ransom. (Pinballwiz45b)
Black Rose: Shiver me timbers! - Destroy at least 10 ships in one game. (Pinballwiz45b)
Black Rose: We're rich! - Score at least 20,000,000 points from the Hidden Treasure multiball. (Pinballwiz45b)
Bride of Pinbot: The Wheels on Her Bust Go Round and Round - In one game, earn at least 8 different Wheel awards. (Sean DonCarlos)
Cactus Canyon: Lock, Stock, and Many Smoking Barrels - Win a combined total of 10 Gunfights and Quick Draws in one game. (Sean DonCarlos)
Cactus Canyon: That's impossible!!! - Score 4 billion points (Max HoF score). (Pinballwiz45b)
Centaur: An Axe to Grind - Score 5 million points or more while in 5-ball multiball. This can be done across multiple games. (Sean DonCarlos)
Central Park: Marathon Run - Plunge 20 balls in one game. (Sean DonCarlos)
Champion Pub: Closed for Health Code Violations - Play the video mode without letting any spit hit the floor. (Sean DonCarlos)
Class of 1812: Overachiever's Overture - Score 10 million points in 30 seconds while in multiball. (Sean DonCarlos)
Cirqus Voltaire: A Shocking Experience - Score a 1,500,000-point Arc Jackpot. (Sean DonCarlos)
Creature from the Black Lagoon: We Need Focus - Drain a ball down an outlane five times in one game. (Sean DonCarlos)
Cue Ball Wizard: Cow pie, anyone? - Fail a ramp shot. (Pinballwiz45b)
Dr Dude: Por Que No Te Callas? - Score 10 million points without hitting the Gift of Gab. (If a random award spots you Gift of Gab, that's OK.) (Sean DonCarlos)
Elvira and the Party Monsters: Nice Organ - Start multiball three times in one game. (Sean DonCarlos)
Flight 2000: Sic Itur Ad Astra - Get into multiball within 3 minutes of the start of a game. (Sean DonCarlos)
Firepower: Superior Firepower - Score 200,000 points while in multiball. (Sean DonCarlos)
Fish Tales: No Water Skiers Allowed! - Take down 15 or more water skiers in one Video Mode. (Pinballwiz45b)
FunHouse: Heimlich Maneuver - Perform a Rudy Gulp while the Superdogs mode is active. (Sean DonCarlos)
Genie: I Dream of Her - With one ball, hit every switch on the table except switches in the outlanes. (Sean DonCarlos)
Goin' Nuts!: Lunatic Asylum - Score 750,000 points without building up the timer past 60 seconds. (Sean DonCarlos)
Goin' Nuts!: Too much time on my hands! - Accumulate at least 500 seconds on the timer. (Pinballwiz45b)
Gorgar: Speech Therapy - Hear all seven words in Gorgar's vocabulary in one game. (Sean DonCarlos)
Harley Davidson Third Edition: Hog Call - Start Harley Multiball within 2 minutes of starting a game. (Sean DonCarlos)
Haunted House: A Thorough Exorcism - In one game, drain off each playfield in all possible ways. (Sean DonCarlos)
Medieval Madness: FATALITY - Get the Mortal Kombat reference by shooting the right ramp repeatedly. (Pinballwiz45b)
Medieval Madness: Save the ch- - Start Save the Ch- hidden video mode. (Pinballwiz45b)
Medieval Madness: You're Definitely Bigger - Starting from scratch, earn a Peasant Revolt and a Damsel Save as an 8-way combo. (Sean DonCarlos)
Monster Bash: Can't we all just get along? - Tilt during Lyman's Lament. (Pinballwiz45b)
Monster Bash: Hear the Lamentations of Their Women - Earn the Bride's Microphone while Lyman's Lament is active. (Sean DonCarlos)
No Good Gofers: Played with Your Putter - Start Cart Attack, Pop-a-Gofer, or Speed Golf while the Putting Green is lit to complete a hole. (Sean DonCarlos)
Pinbot: Wormhole - Make the center Vortex Skill Shot five times in one game. (Sean DonCarlos)
Ripley's Believe It or Not!: Unbelievable - Score a Continent Super Jackpot of 100 million points or more. (Sean DonCarlos)
Ripley's Believe It or Not!: Nice job breaking it, hero. - Break the game by starting Frog Frenzy. (Pinballwiz45b)
Scared Stiff: You Can Do It All Night Long - Play Coffin Multiball 3 times in one game, hearing the quote referencing multiple jackpots in each round. (Sean DonCarlos)
Space Shuttle: Failure to Launch - In one game, make 3 shots up the Space Shuttle ramp that fall back down and do not start multiball. (Sean DonCarlos)
Space Shuttle: 9-ing it out - Score the maximum possible Stop-n-Score (99,990 points). (Pinballwiz45b)
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Engaged - Play Ferengi Multiball, the Romulan mode, Cardassian Multiball and Borg Multiball all in one game. (Sean DonCarlos)
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Feeling lucky? - Start Riker's Poker. (Pinballwiz45b)
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Had you propelled the ball in the proper trajectory... - THANK YOU, MR. DATA (Pinballwiz45b)
Tales of the Arabian Nights: Open Sesame...NOW! - Rescue the Princess within 10 minutes of starting a game. (Sean DonCarlos)
Taxi: Taxicab Confessional - Score a Jackpot of 3 million points or more. (Sean DonCarlos)
Tee'd Off: Speed Golf - Starting from Hole 1, make 9 Hole shots in 90 seconds. (Sean DonCarlos)
Terminator 2: Judgment Day: Get in the Choppa - Score 3 Super Jackpots in one game without missing a single cannon shot. (Sean DonCarlos)
Theatre of Magic: For Whom the Bell Tolls - Score at least 150 million points in one round of Midnight Madness. (Sean DonCarlos)
TOTAN: Walk home with a brand new cow! - Claim the Cow from the Bazaar. (Pinballwiz45b)
Twilight Zone: Not a good idea. - Drain the ball from the bumpers to the left outlane. (Pinballwiz45b)
Twilight Zone: Novus Ordo Seclorum - Defeat The Power six times in one game. (Sean DonCarlos)
Twilight Zone: Quit playing with the clock! - Hit the clock at least 5 times during Clock Chaos. (Pinballwiz45b)
Whirlwind: Not in Kansas Anymore - Stack Quick Multiball and regular multiball together, and score at least 3 jackpots in the resulting combined multiball. (Sean DonCarlos)
Whitewater: Project Your Voice - Cause the game to yodel. (Sean DonCarlos)
White Water: The Spirit of the Cow - Claim the Mystery when the cow is collected during Hotfoot. (Pinballwiz45b)
Victory: Spin-n-Score - Score at least 1 million points from the spinner. (Pinballwiz45b)
WHO dunnit? - I was afraid this might happen... - Start Midnight Madness. (Pinballwiz45b)
WHO dunnit? - Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200. Send at least 5 killers to jail. (Pinballwiz45b)
WHO dunnit? - I must be very unlucky today... Lose 5 billion points from the Roulette in one game. (Pinballwiz45b)

Last edited by a moderator:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Right, I think it's fun enough to compare scores with friends, people that you know.

On topic, "I have nuthin to contribute".

Last edited:
N

netizen

Flagrant Button Presser: exited and restarted the same game 20 times before playing the third ball.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Rooter, I really like these! You should forward them to FarSight, just for the heck of it. Scott Shelton is the one that comes up with these things, so he'd be the guy to contact. Just sayin'.

Blueshirt

Nov 17, 2012
Some of these are alright, but the achievments that are just "do 1000000 of a menial task" are usually pretty bad. I like that TPA already has a bunch of great goals in their own standard/wizard goals system, but extra things could be fun.

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
Flagrant Button Presser: exited and restarted the same game 20 times before playing the third ball.

I always do this. I can restart a game in less time than it takes me to launch the first ball. I was ashamed to admit it, but since I'm not the only one, I guess it is okay.

Some of these are alright, but the achievements that are just "do 1000000 of a menial task" are usually pretty bad. I like that TPA already has a bunch of great goals in their own standard/wizard goals system, but extra things could be fun.

I totally agree! I think more achievements could be fun because:

Some tables have more than 5/5 goals.
Some things that are fun to do aren't part of the designed tables goals. For example, become the loop champion with a score of 10 or more on any table that supports it.
Meta achievements that track across multiple tables are fun.
When you win a tournament, you get a trophy for other players to see.

Last edited:

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
Rooter, I really like these! You should forward them to FarSight, just for the heck of it. Scott Shelton is the one that comes up with these things, so he'd be the guy to contact. Just sayin'.

Thanks! I'm not sure how to contact him. Hopefully someone from Farsite wanders the message boards and sees this thread.

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
Are there any tables currently in Pinball Arcade that have a local leader board for loop champion? I can think of a few tables that do this, but none of them are in PA.

N

netizen

Are there any tables currently in Pinball Arcade that have a local leader board for loop champion? I can think of a few tables that do this, but none of them are in PA.

MM has Joust Champ, that's a loop of sort.

But it won't be saved between games unless you play with pro mode enabled.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I've said it somewhere before here, but the graphics for the achievements are really ugly and are just recycled over and over again for each table, they just seem like placeholders. I'd love to see some individual art for them, maybe along with the new UI update. And some nice titles for them, too that are a little more interesting that just "Tales High Score".

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
And another suggestion, there should be in game prizes for the really hard achievements. For example if someone gets all the Wizard Goals in the season one pack, they should get a gold ball that they can use on any table.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
The games are static. There should be hundreds of daily goals available that are randomly selected where points are distributed. Look at popular iOS and Android games. Getting an extra ball in Gorgar should be a randomly available goal for a small amount of points where players are ranked accordingly by day, week, and month. The game desperately needs a mode where coins are earned and required to continue playing. Pizza calls, gotta run.

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
The games are static. There should be hundreds of daily goals available that are randomly selected where points are distributed. Look at popular iOS and Android games. Getting an extra ball in Gorgar should be a randomly available goal for a small amount of points where players are ranked accordingly by day, week, and month. The game desperately needs a mode where coins are earned and required to continue playing. Pizza calls, gotta run.

In general, your ideas sound fun, but I definitely don't want to be blocked from playing a game that I paid for.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
In general, your ideas sound fun, but I definitely don't want to be blocked from playing a game that I paid for.
The entire coin-based goals/achievements would be separate from the general game, and would not impact your ability to play offline or outside this coin-based environment.

PALADiN

Aug 14, 2013
Damn Outlanes!: Complete an entire game without draining a ball down the middle.

The title for this one could also be "I hate these outlanes!" in honour of Cue Ball Wizard.

Here's some of mine.

I could've been a contender!: Complete a game of Champion's Pub without winning any fights
Always gets a Replay: Get 1000 replays
Custom made: Set a custom ball for 20 tables
Where's the beef?: Obtain a new cow on Tales of the Arabian Nights
You're one of my favourites: Complete 500 games on one table
Game, Set and Match: Win an end of game match 10 times

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
The title for this one could also be "I hate these outlanes!" in honour of Cue Ball Wizard.

Here's some of mine.

I could've been a contender!: Complete a game of Champion's Pub without winning any fights
Always gets a Replay: Get 1000 replays
Custom made: Set a custom ball for 20 tables
Where's the beef?: Obtain a new cow on Tales of the Arabian Nights
You're one of my favourites: Complete 500 games on one table
Game, Set and Match: Win an end of game match 10 times

Awesome! I especially like the reference to Cue Ball Wizard.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
We need some non-generic ones...all the ones in TPA currently are just high score/standard goals/wizard goals. Here's a few for Season 1:

Tales of the Arabian Nights: Open Sesame...NOW! - Rescue the Princess within 10 minutes of starting a game.
Black Hole: Black Hole Sun - Hit the targets B-L-A-C-K-H-O-L-E in that order.
Ripley's Believe It or Not!: Unbelievable - Score a Continent Super Jackpot of 100 million points or more.
Theatre of Magic: For Whom the Bell Tolls - Score at least 150 million points in one round of Midnight Madness.

Bride of Pinbot: The Wheels on Her Bust Go Round and Round - In one game, earn at least 8 different Wheel awards.
Medieval Madness: You're Definitely Bigger - Starting from scratch, earn a Peasant Revolt and a Damsel Save as an 8-way combo.

Cirqus Voltaire: A Shocking Experience - Score a 1,500,000-point Arc Jackpot.
FunHouse: Heimlich Maneuver - Perform a Rudy Gulp while the Superdogs mode is active.

Gorgar: Speech Therapy - Hear all seven words in Gorgar's vocabulary in one game.
Monster Bash: Hear the Lamentations of Their Women - Earn the Bride's Microphone while Lyman's Lament is active.

Black Knight: It's Just a Flesh Wound - Score at least 500,000 points on your first ball.
Creature from the Black Lagoon: We Need Focus - Drain a ball down an outlane five times in one game.

Harley Davidson Third Edition: Hog Call - Start Harley Multiball within 2 minutes of starting a game.
Taxi: Taxicab Confessional - Score a Jackpot of 3 million points or more.

Elvira and the Party Monsters: Nice Organ - Start multiball three times in one game.
No Good Gofers: Played with Your Putter - Start Cart Attack, Pop-a-Gofer, or Speed Golf while the Putting Green is lit to complete a hole.

Big Shot: White Hot Spotlight - Complete a rack by shooting the 8-ball last.
Scared Stiff: You Can Do It All Night Long - Play Coffin Multiball 3 times in one game, hearing the quote referencing multiple jackpots in each round.

Twilight Zone: Novus Ordo Seclorum - Defeat The Power six times in one game.

Star Trek: The Next Generation: Engaged - Play Ferengi Multiball, the Romulan mode, Cardassian Multiball and Borg Multiball all in one game.

Attack from Mars: Explosive Space Modulator - Score at least 5 billion points in one round of Total Annihilation.
Genie: I Dream of Her - With one ball, hit every switch on the table except switches in the outlanes.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts