Let's have a tournament?

invitro

May 4, 2012
I've been thinking what would be needed to have a player-run tournament. The issue is integrity of scores. Someone's scores could be checked if the only score used is a player's high score on a game. (Is there a better way?) I propose the following for a tournament.

1. A few hours before the tournament starts, everyone posts their username (the one that shows on the leaderboard), and current high score on every table to be used in the qualifying round. Presumably, one could copy and paste their scores from the leaderboard webpage. Everyone can verify each others' scores if they want by viewing the leaderboard (in the game) and scrolling.
2. The qualifying round starts, and runs for three days. Players play the tables to be used in this round. The number of tables used should be around the number of players, I think.
3. After three days, everyone posts their new high score on every table, or at least the ones they want to claim.
4. Everyone's scores are ranked. The highest score on each table is worth 1 point, the second-highest is worth 2 points, and so on. The four smallest point amounts for each player are summed, and the players with the eight smallest sums advance to the finals. (A player must have four new high scores to qualify.)
5. A day can be allowed to pass to check scores.
6. For the finals, each of the eight players votes for four tables to play. The four tables with the most votes after a day will be used for the finals.
7. The finalists post their current high scores on the first two of the four tables, and the finals start.
8. The finalists play these two tables for two days, and post their scores. Scores are ranked: the best is worth 8 points, then 7 points, then down to 1 point for last. If a player did not beat their high score on a table in the two days, they split the bottom numbers of points with the other players who didn't either.
9. They play the other two tables for two days, and post their scores, and the tournament is over: greatest number of points wins.
10. If <9 people are interested, the qualifying round is skipped.

It's kind of klunky... well I'd like to do it or a better idea :). Please reply if interested and details can be discussed.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
There are some tables where I'd really rather not grind out another high score on, but I'm sort of interested I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts