timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I played the PS/4 demo yesterday, it was GORGEOUS. At the same time, I would rather have playable and accurate before beauty.

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
With the new lightning engine, I hope light based modes get implemented. (Like Strobe multiball at Attack from Mars.) It's not on the ps4 unfortunately.

R

Rhandos

Will the DX11 update include general table illumination as well? Real table often turn off the lighting completely for great effect.

Lalocage

Nov 2, 2013
I tell you: Never!

With a 200 people peak, which many of them are TOTAN free players... Steam is not a profitable platform.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012

With a 200 people peak, which many of them are TOTAN free players... Steam is not a profitable platform.

It would be interesting to know the sales figures - what is the 200 figure you quote.

The recent FX2 humble Steam bundle sold 85000 so that says there are a lot people slightly interested in Pinball on PC. I know a lot of them are bargain hunters or people who want to support a charity but the figures are still high.

Is there any way of finding out Steam sales?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Well also alot of people waiting to see what TPA does on pc promises before spending money..
Yes that's true. I held back until the cab announcement was issued about it not being a separate product but then bought Seasons 1 and 2, but I am sure a lot will wait until the PS4 style lighting is added. I mean it should match VP at least - it's close now but has potential to not only match but be so much better so let's hope the Steam version does well enough.

Last edited:

Filip

Nov 17, 2013

too bad then, as I won't buy a crappy PS4 or any other console for that...
but wait... Farsight said a couple of weeks ago that PC will be the reference for this game in the near future...

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Give PC a chance. Just starting out. I purchased season 3 pro on PC so far. Will buy the other seasons soon.

Season 2 purchased too. Had to have Flight 2000. It is playing and looking great. Bring on more features!!

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I have purchased all three seasons. Just the regular ones-not pro. Right now, that's my best chance to play it on the big screen. I'm not going to get a PS4 just for TPA when the PC version will suffice. Plus, I'd like to be sure I'm supporting a platform FS will support, having been burned by the delisted (but inexplicably still advertised on the FS website) Xbox live version. Let's see some sales figs.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Let's see some sales figs.

Releasing figures on sales on Steam is generally against the contract terms that Valve insists on. I did ask if they had the sales they had 'hoped for' at least during a chat, and the devs did state that the game has sold beyond what was anticipated before release.

Most importantly, you need to remember that Steam is a CHEAP platform to work for. Valve isn't gouging for a qualification process (Infact, I don't think they charge anything at ALL?) or anything like that that chases away smaller developers that can't afford eight digit budgets. So I think that FarSight will continue to support the PC. Heck, they announced the Linux port recently. :p

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
"Prepare yourself Linux users! We are proud to announce that Farsight Studios has begun working on the Steam Linux version of Pinball Arcade!"

Now pincab builders don't have to buy extra windows licenses, because Linux is free!

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
The Linux announcement is good news indeed and considering the number of Steam users on Linux is much lower than the number on windows, and Farsight still think it worth the dev effort just shows Steam sales must be good.

I wonder if Steam will get the good lighting treatment?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
"Prepare yourself Linux users! We are proud to announce that Farsight Studios has begun working on the Steam Linux version of Pinball Arcade!"

Now pincab builders don't have to buy extra windows licenses, because Linux is free!

I'm under the impression that most pincab builders user VP and FP, which means they would need windows anyway.

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
They probably decided on the linux port to prepare for steam machine releases. The steam is is based on linux
I just hope to see a dx 11 patch soon as I just purchased all 3 seasons pro versions.

And honestly the monsterbash update I'm working on for vp looks way better then tpa version

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Steam version has done pretty well from my understanding. Our engine guy is on vacation til mid January, then I imagine he'll work on upgrading PC.

The lighting tech does hande the gi strings on the table.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Steam version has done pretty well from my understanding. Our engine guy is on vacation til mid January, then I imagine he'll work on upgrading PC.

The lighting tech does hande the gi strings on the table.

Mike, I'm curious as to whether the complaints level led toward strobe multiball on the PS4 version of AFM have been looked into. I've not seen it so I don't really know how valid they are but they seem to have come from enough people to give them credence.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Where did they mention porting to Linux? That would seem a bit odd to develop a DX11 update with an intention to port to Linux. It would make much more sense to switch to OpenGL so it can work on Mac, Linux and Windows with less translating of APIs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts