Checking in with my intro

TMOverbeck

Dec 10, 2013
Greetings from schizo-weather Dallas... My name's Thomas, I'm currently 42, and I started playing pinball around the start of the Golden Age of Video Games, when pinball realized it wasn't the big man on campus anymore. When the local mall arcade had games like Black Hole, Black Knight, Vector, Xenon and Flight 2000.

Even when the video games took over, I never lost my love for the pinball games, and I loved it when they got creative with their playfields. Bally's were my favorites, like Strange Science, Motordome, Radical, Mousin' Around and (though I've never seen it IRL) Blackwater 100. I also have a soft spot for late-80s Gottlieb tables and their synth-pop scores.

I can do without outlanes though. I know they're essential in game design and are not going away anytime soon, but I'd happily trade them for a wider gap between flippers or a return of turn-ending drain holes. I do like kickback features and little outlane skill maneuvers (as in JJ's Wizard Of Oz). I'd also like to see Stern or JJ implement outlane flippers in a couple of their designs, like Zaccaria has in some of their tables.

Favorite table? I can't really narrow it down to one, but for a top ten in no particular order, I'd go with Black Hole, Radical, Haunted House, Hollywood Heat, Gold Wings, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Demolition Man, Orbitor 1, Wizard Of Oz and No Good Gofers (which is my favorite table on TPA).

Oh yeah, I also do a webcomic twice a week, called Times Like This... http://www.timeslikethis.com

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.