Request Include an option to make the tables more vibrant

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
They feel too dark to me, and I have my TV set to Vivid mode. I'd like the table colors to be on the level of Williams Collection. However, I think it should be included as an option since I know people prefer how they are now.

EDIT: topic title should say to MAKE the tables more vibrant. dammit.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I think what you may be looking for is a day/night option. The way the tables are now they would be closer to how one would look in a dimly lit room. This is especially true on the console versions and I believe that its to give the game a more arcade feel to it. Also, since the artwork is darker it allows the general illumination and flashers to stand out more.
On the other hand, if you were playing a table in a brightly lit room, the artwork would stand out much more while subduing the pin lighting. It's a matter of preference but, if you've ever played a real table in the dark, you can see why Farsight has gone for the dimly lit conditions. It just has a more arcade feel to it. There's a video on youtube of a guy playing his Bride of Pinbot in the dark. When he reaches Metamorphosis, wow. Personally, I would rather see the game engine recreate pitch black conditions. Maybe not in this console generation.
However, I can see the desire to better view the artwork. But then it may be called The Pinball Museum and not The Pinball Arcade. :)

szycag

Apr 19, 2012
I'm only following the 360 version, but Farsight said that they had a fix for the color contrast of the tables for the next update, which should help it look a lot better. I know some versions already have this fix.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
As an addition, would be kind of nice to simply add a dimmer switch option for the room. Just a thought

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.