Request Fix the plunger so it doesn't miss the ball if pulled back early

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
This was a problem since the beginning of the PS3 version, and continues on the PS4: if you pull the plunger back before the ball has settled in the plunger lane, once the ball has settled and you release the plunger, it somehow fails to strike the ball--nothing happens, and you have to plunge again. This is silly and makes the plunger feel like it lacks a real physical presence. It's a very basic part of the simulation that is just not correct, and I'd like to see it get addressed.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
There's at least one table that takes the bug to a new level. It will sometimes still hit the ball on the way back even before it reaches the plunger if you keep launching it. I think it might have been Funhouse.

Exo

Nov 10, 2013
This should definitely be fixed asap. Kinda surprising that this bug survived such a long time to begin with.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
a) I am a spaz and like to pull it back early, b) with certain tables/cameras it's hard to see when the ball is actually settled in there, so you don't really know how early is early anyway.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Check here for some recent comments from Farsight on this issue:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/6730-Plunger-issues-with-controller

I only see one there

Ahh yeah. Apparently there's a collision check when pulling the plunger back where if the ball isn't in the right position, the plunger ignores it. Mike might be able to provide more input on this.

but I'm glad they found the bug, hopefully they'll fix it at some point!

TimRex

Dec 8, 2013
Agreed. This is a frequent and annoying bug. Even if it is minor, it's these minor but seemingly simple issues that reflect badly on the overall quality of the product (which is otherwise, pretty damn good IMHO).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts