You guys GOTTA fix it so the game pauses if your controller dies!

NeedleBanger

Dec 10, 2013
This one should be a no-brainer. Every game since the beginning of Xbox 360 has automatically paused the game for you if your controller dies. TPA doesn't. That's a pretty decent flaw right there. In fact, there is something wrong going on with the controller in general. If you leave TPA running for an hour without playing, it will drain your controller the entire time (instead of shutting off after 15min like I have it set to). Hopefully it gets fixed.

NeedleBanger

Dec 10, 2013
Hey I wonder if this is kinda like that sound glitch? Where it's borrowing off the iOS version instead of the PS4 version?

Warped Trekker

Dec 26, 2013
Doesnt Sony have some official rules or something that developers have to follow? Pause when controller battery dies has been in all xbox 360 and PS3 games. Seems like Sony isnt auditing games that are submitted.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Doesnt Sony have some official rules or something that developers have to follow? Pause when controller battery dies has been in all xbox 360 and PS3 games. Seems like Sony isnt auditing games that are submitted.

What do they do with them for six weeks then?

TimRex

Dec 8, 2013
Good Question. What does Sony actually verify? They failed to check the game pauses correctly due to controller battery died.

Wow, that's quite odd. IIRC the PS1 certification process had requirements that the game pause when the controller becomes disconnected. I would find it hard to believe this isn't a requirement for the PS3 in similar scenarios - seems like Sony's certification isn't what it used to be, despite their turnaround time.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Just because it takes 6 weeks doesn't mean Sony's sitting on it for six weeks. The game gets submitted, it fails certification, Farsight fixes it, resubmits it, Sony tests it again, etc. etc. etc. Of course, for indie titles, Sony only does a basic verification so they get it "approved" in a couple of weeks - basically they just make sure it complies with the SDK, it runs, and it doesn't crash during testing.

A proper full certification takes a month or more per run and $$$$$. Maybe $40K or more because you're having a pile of testers test your game - we don't know because it's likely Sony prohibits developers from talking about the contract. Indie level certification is far more basic and far less stringent - probably just someone who spends a few hours playing it. If his controller dies in the meantime, hey. If not, oh well.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
It doesn't pause when you press the Share button either, so your ball merrily drains away while you're configuring your Twitch stream. ; )

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I have read an article at psu.com where someone took the 3.7 volt battery out of a DS3 and put it into the DS4 and the battery life jumped from 8 hours to 14 hours. But this would probably void your warranty. I have hid the share button on one too many occasions and have learned to hit O really fast so I don't lose my ball. I agree though some pause features for the controller disconnecting or pressing the share button would be most welcome.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts