Has anyone played it?

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
The new physics are an improvement I'm using 2.5R I believe the only problem is getting it to run properly half of the time. I am using windows 8.1 and have checked run as administrator and windows xp service pack three compatibility, but for me I get more crashes then game time. Yesterday I was playing a lot of new Stern tables and had some fun.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Don't look bad for one guy's work, but I don't see anything that would hold my attention for long.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
The new physics are an improvement I'm using 2.5R I believe the only problem is getting it to run properly half of the time. I am using windows 8.1 and have checked run as administrator and windows xp service pack three compatibility, but for me I get more crashes then game time. Yesterday I was playing a lot of new Stern tables and had some fun.

Last time I played it was with 2.4 physics and you just couldn't aim for sh*t.
I might take a shot at 2.5...

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
They are okay physics, but VP ones are still much better I just like the fact that FP has so many newer tables and I love how you can change camera angles.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Just an FYI the FP tables are scripted rather than using the actual roms. Some of the newer table recreations are interpretations with new rules rather than the real deal. Like Tron which is an extreme example as its nothing like the real deal but actually kinda neat in its own right. But yeah the physics still are not right to me on most of the tables. They're ok for just batting the ball around the table but when I'm trying to make accurate shots the ball rarely goes or behaves like what I expect. And there are the more recent tables for VP but I'm not saying any more as I know its kinda a grey area.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Bought a copy of Windows 7 a while back and installed a dual boot on my PC and FP is flying now on my computer. Like to keep all my options open when it comes to playing pinball on my computer and I can honestly say there are a few FP tables that crush PA ones (for now anyways) Attack From Mars comes to mind it looks and plays beautifully on FP and Strobe Multiball is amazing. Another I really like a lot is Medieval Madness it just has so much more colour to it then anything else I've seen.

[url=http://postimg.org/image/mj1yty8gd/] [/URL]

[url=http://postimg.org/image/r1ntnhdhl/] [/URL]

Last edited:

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
The thing with Future Pinball is that the rule sets tend to stray away from actual rom sets because FP does not use roms like what Crawley was saying in the previous post so for the purists out there that will be a problem, I tend to disagree though I like how different it is from real games for example in this recreation of Medieval Madness you can win three hands of cards at the end of a game playing higher or lower then the last card for a free ball. The physics is what probably drives most people away, but with some minor tweaks you can get things running real nice. So I suggest that if you snubbed it before try and give it another shot you may be really surprised how far it has come.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
FP has never been about accurately reproducing tables, it's been more about making the tables the way the designers felt they should be made, but it looks like now they've got some sweet ROM emulated tables, including many Stern tables such as AC/DC. The physics look to be much improved, and if they're not the best, well, where else can you play an emulated AC/DC?

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
There is no emulation in fp. It's not possible. The program does not allow com objects so there is no communicating with pinmame.
You may be thinking of unit3dpinball. Which uses fp tables but runs in the unity engine and uses pinmame

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.