Recompense for Vita Owners

L'Eugene Goldsmiff

Jan 6, 2014
With so many issues on so many tables on the Vita I'm definitely looking forward to the upcoming patch. That said I'm not sure if the patch is enough to fix how I feel about Farsight having my money for so long while I was stuck with products that were broken. It's great that they're fixing the issues but they should have worked the day I paid for them. Farsight has had our money all of this time and we've had nothing to show for it. I hope they consider this. If they want me to return as a paying customer they're going to have to do something more than finally giving me what I'd payed for (over a year ago in the case of some tables.)
Also, if the patch for some reason does not fix all of the current issues Farsight better to be ready to issue me and anyone else who wants one a refund. We're this any other field of business I'd already have returned my defective purchase and had my money back to spend on something that worked.
Here's to hoping they get it right this time.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I guess I don't feel like it's as "broken" as some people(and I have every table). There's definitely room for improvement, but I'll reserve judgment for after the patch.

I'll be happy enough with the new table packs.

Darrell Harding

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah I agree , the vita version is seriously in need of some upgrading . I have played it ALOT and I love TPA in general but its clear there wasn't alot of though or effort put in to many tables and with some aspects of the core programming . Slow and/or stutters frame rate kills playabity on tables like black knight , scared stiff and who can ignore the spectacularly abysmal dr dude which leads nicely into how poor the visuals are on ALOT of the tables. Admittedly after the Dr dude outcry Farsight did an admirable job of bringing crisp and smooth tables (although cactus canyon look really bad) to vita , T2 looks and plays superbly. Even such blatantly obvious user interface and control options are lacking. Portrait mode has been
A broken unplayable mess since launch nearly 2 years ago and despite repeated promises Farsight still haven't fixed it instead its now coming in the 'promised before the end of 2013' MegaPatch . I really hope that Farsight can make good on the promise to fix the ps3 & vita versions as its a great game that needs some attention :-(

Jan 6, 2013
Yeah I agree , the vita version is seriously in need of some upgrading . I have played it ALOT and I love TPA in general but its clear there wasn't alot of though or effort put in to many tables and with some aspects of the core programming . Slow and/or stutters frame rate kills playabity on tables like black knight , scared stiff and who can ignore the spectacularly abysmal dr dude which leads nicely into how poor the visuals are on ALOT of the tables. Admittedly after the Dr dude outcry Farsight did an admirable job of bringing crisp and smooth tables (although cactus canyon look really bad) to vita , T2 looks and plays superbly. Even such blatantly obvious user interface and control options are lacking. Portrait mode has been
A broken unplayable mess since launch nearly 2 years ago and despite repeated promises Farsight still haven't fixed it instead its now coming in the 'promised before the end of 2013' MegaPatch . I really hope that Farsight can make good on the promise to fix the ps3 & vita versions as its a great game that needs some attention :-(

What he said

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
It would be nice if in an upcoming Q&A session with Bobby King, we'd be given some insight into the programming staff and what they do. We all know the X360 was the main development environment, so what's the process of porting it to PS3 and Vita, and in particular: how is it optimized for other hardware platforms? The Vita's CPU is a ARM Cortex A9 (4 cores) so I'm assuming they are using the same engine as Android. Graphics-wise it's a PowerVR Series5XT SGX543MP4+ but how this hardware is used by TPA is unknown. As far as I know the Vita doesn't come with DirectX or OpenGL and the Vita SDK is a big secret so are they using some kind of "software mode" where the CPU does all the work?

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
It would be nice if in an upcoming Q&A session with Bobby King, we'd be given some insight into the programming staff and what they do. We all know the X360 was the main development environment, so what's the process of porting it to PS3 and Vita, and in particular: how is it optimized for other hardware platforms? The Vita's CPU is a ARM Cortex A9 (4 cores) so I'm assuming they are using the same engine as Android. Graphics-wise it's a PowerVR Series5XT SGX543MP4+ but how this hardware is used by TPA is unknown. As far as I know the Vita doesn't come with DirectX or OpenGL and the Vita SDK is a big secret so are they using some kind of "software mode" where the CPU does all the work?

Someone posted somewhere here that they don't use the graphics processor. I don't know if that's true, but it would be disappointing. I can't help but feel like the Vita version is capable of more. I play TPA on virtually all platforms, but the Vita is my favorite, problems and all.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Are you saying that something on the internet is wrong?

a6a9722f63354077fa0f6ddd60533fac9851d72a8192ec25b3dcb8c87193844c.jpg

Fry squints.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.