Mac Version 3.1.0 Discussion and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your Mac version 3.1.0 feedback here!

If you want to report bugs or other problems with this version, please use THIS THREAD and follow the guidelines in the first post.

phonie

Apr 21, 2013
So from what I gather, I can't trial Fish Tails. There won't be a purchase option for any kind of season 3 pass. And all of this because of change in the policy of the Apple Mac App Store, I'm going to have to pay for individual tables, without the ability to trial them, at individual prices. But things haven't changed in the *iOS app store*, in regards to purchase options, for a company that uses the same payment mechanism, on the same servers, for code produced with the same development environment, delivered down the same pipe.

I'm trying to see this in a positive light. I'm trying to roll with the punches, buck up, and deal with it. I'm trying to stick to my principles of "Don't like the terms, don't buy it." (Which I have so far) The problem is that I really like your product. I love love love pinball... I have ever since I found a stool that allowed me to see what those big kids were doing slapping on the side of that flashing, dinging box. I would probably innocently annoy people standing between adjacent tables watching other people play. BUT I've always hated pinball on a computer... No action, goofy themes, just dumb.... Until y'all produced PHOF:TWC and PHOF:TGC. You could use the controllers for action... How revolutionary! And realistic visuals and virtual physics. My favorite old tables and some really cool "undiscovered" cutting edge old ones. Y'all had me, the concept of new discs with new tables from Stern and Bally, maybe more editions of Williams... My wife really got to hating me sitting in front of that WII. I was disappointed with searching for new discs, only never to be found. No more new pinball. I was excited to find that you had a new direction when I found on on the Mac App store. I tried your tables and they suffered from flipper lag, bad... I think it still does to some extent, I think I have just adjusted and learned to live with it. I don't think it's something that can be helped. I've accepted that. I got to like it enough, I bought two pro season passes. The first season was at a discount and with only part of the second season out, I felt like it was a gamble at the full price, but I had faith and I wanted to support you as you got the rest of the tables finished.

Season two is finished and time for more transactions to take place. My price per table has approximately quadrupled by my quick calculations. Is this the direction y'all have chosen? It sounds like a very poor way to go about doing business. You folks, along with EA and their SimCity product, have produced a product that I desperately want to purchase, but have made the conditions to reach a transaction unacceptable.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I think I'm going to just delete the Mac version and wait for the Wii U one or simply stick with the iOS one myself; maybe run it through an HDMI link and play with a controller. At least I'm playing it in some form, but it would be nice to see the Mac version getting the same level of support as Windows.

night

May 18, 2012
I bought it, never play it, such a waste of money. Menu looks prehistoric. There is no love, no attention, no effort to make something good for the Mac users in this app. TPA on Steam OSX is a better option. Tables can be d/l for free to check it out, just like on iOS. But nothing beats the experience of playing TPA on an iPad, it looks good and it plays good, flip-flopping on a keyboard is just not for me. Perhaps a controller, who knows.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
Can't you just shift over to the Steam product which offers cross-platform Mac,Windows & Linux which just buying the product once?

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Can't you just shift over to the Steam product which offers cross-platform Mac,Windows & Linux which just buying the product once?

You can switch, but you have to repurchase any tables that you already paid for through the Mac App Store.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
So from what I gather, I can't trial Fish Tails. There won't be a purchase option for any kind of season 3 pass. And all of this because of change in the policy of the Apple Mac App Store...

There was no change in policy. The policy for the Mac App Store has always been no free trials and no purchases of future content. FS just got away with it for a short while. In fact, you can still get free play of tables from seasons 1 & 2, which is quite odd.

phonie

Apr 21, 2013
In fact, you can still get free play of tables from seasons 1 & 2, which is quite odd.

I wouldn't say it's quite odd... I'd say it's a little FISHY.

Ba-dat-Bum. Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all week.

hootowls

Aug 20, 2013
I purchase season passes and have no desire to shell out for a season's worth of individual tables as they come out just because I own a Mac. Going to Steam might be an option, which would be eased if FS could authorize previous Mac purchases - then I'd just dump that app and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.