Why do I have 3 camera views at Start and 1 more when playing ?

Ton

Dec 10, 2013
There is something I don't understand about the different camera views. When I start a table I can choose between 3 views (1, 2 and 3), but as soon as I am in the game I have 1 more, being 4. Why is this so, in other words why can't I choose 4 views from the start ? Or is something wrong with my TPA ? (Btw, I have the camera locked)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
There are 2 sets of camera views. 1 set is for launching the ball. The other set is for while the ball is in the playfield.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
The camera views are actually something that really bugs me.

The fact the viewing angles seem to vary so much from one table to the next is frustrating, particularly as that means there is no way to set a global camera view for ALL tables.

No Good Gofers so example there is no angle I really like in portrait, it seems to go from looking too close to the playfield to looking almost directly 90 degrees down at it. Tales of Arabian Nights seems to get it right, I wonder if it actually is just a perception issue or actually a different angle though?

I'm hoping they will sort this out as part of cabinet mode as you REALLY want every table to be viewed from the same angle, so it actually looks like you are viewing a real table.

Last edited:

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
The camera views are actually something that really bugs me.

The fact the viewing angles seem to vary so much from one table to the next is frustrating, particularly as that means there is no way to set a global camera view for ALL tables.

No Good Gofers so example there is no angle I really like in portrait, it seems to go from looking too close to the playfield to looking almost directly 90 degrees down at it. Tales of Arabian Nights seems to get it right, I wonder if it actually is just a perception issue or actually a different angle though?

I'm hoping they will sort this out as part of cabinet mode as you REALLY want every table to be viewed from the same angle, so it actually looks like you are viewing a real table.

Totally agree. I mostly leave it at the same angle but there are a few tables that are quite a bit different for some reason, and I don't think it's just a widebody vs standard table thing. I wonder if they are tuned per table for widescreen landscape view so you can see the table features best given the limited screen space, and then portrait is mostly just a rotated version of that camera positioning. I'd guess the true cabinet mode will be pretty static, though, so I'm not too worried.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.