BlahCade Podcast #4 - Much Ado About Nothing

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Heads up, another podcast is ready for your ear holes. Some of you have been asking for longer pods, so we delivered our longest one yet! To those that listen to the whole thing, thank you, and there's a way to let everyone know. Just spread the secret word in random threads!

This time around we get a sneak peak of Black Rose on Android, do mass speculation on TPA After Dark, Sean reports from Lost in the Zone, bonzo tells of the pinball scene while on vacation in London, and some general play tips in TPA are given in the mailbag.

Anyway, for your listening pleasure...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fcftc535oey90kc/TPA_Barcade_4.mp3

But wait! Because many of you have been begging us...we now have an RSS feed. This is our first time trying it out, so if you have any problems, please let us know so we can get right on 'em. The other podcasts are all available in the feed too. We're working on getting them into things like iTunes also, just give us a little time as we figure these things out.

http://shoutengine.com/ThePinballArcadeFansBarcadePodcast.xml

As always, comments are more than welcome. As much fun as we have recording these, we want you to have fun listening. We're starting to get a rhythm going, a format if you will, so if there are things you love or things you hate, we want to cater to you guys. Don't be shy! We especially need mailbag questions or comments. They can even be non TPA related.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
All the talk of Ripley's got me itching to play a game. Only played one game and got to Atlantis for the first time (also good enough for my 3rd highest score). Must have picked up some good vibes from the show.
Can't imagine ever reaching Atlantis on the real life pin. I know a bowling alley that has one and I've never gotten more than 2 letters on it. I usually get none or maybe one letter if I'm lucky.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Also, if anyone has any feedback concerning the table comparison in the LITZ segment, I'd be interested to hear it. More advanced tips? More basic? I've been trying to keep the conversation at a level relevant to most listeners...please let me know if I'm succeeding or not!

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I've always felt MB was a very difficult table to catch and shoot. More so IRL but the TPA version is tough to do so as well. It's more suited for the on the fly player.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Thanks for the RSS feed. Now I can play this on the main line via beyond pod and chrome cast.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yay, an RSS! Now I can actually subscribe. : ) One thing I've noticed about it so far though is that all the episodes have the same publish date, so it isn't possible to sort them by release date in one's podcast player if one is used to doing something silly like that. : P

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yay, an RSS! Now I can actually subscribe. : ) One thing I've noticed about it so far though is that all the episodes have the same publish date, so it isn't possible to sort them by release date in one's podcast player if one is used to doing something silly like that. : P

They were all posted the same day, hence the date. Future eps will have a different date.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Oh, also, if you could get the episode number in the episode title, that would be helpful.

Edit: my 1337th post, whee!

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

I'm sure Jeff Strong can look into that. Thanks for the observation.

Oh, also, if you could get the episode number in the episode title, that would be helpful.

Also a good idea. We should just use The Pinball Podcast nomenclature as a best practise.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

We had to move to a host that supported RSS, so all of our current podcasts were uploaded to the new host at the same time. Since we (namely Jared) can only travel into the future and not the past, there's nothing we can do about it...but as SYT said, future eps will have a different date.

Done! The site was supposed to add those automatically, but it didn't for some reason, so I added them manually. You'll need to refresh the RSS feed to see the updates.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
Yes, as soon as the logo is ready.

In the meantime, you can go ahead and subscribe by following these steps:

1.) Copy this URL: http://shoutengine.com/ThePinballArcadeFansBarcadePodcast.xml
2.) Open the iOS Podcasts app
3.) Paste that URL into the search field in the app

thanks. actually turns out it's one step - tap the URL in the post and it will open the podcasts app and ask if you want to subscribe. good old apple.

good timing - just found out i need to something to replace pinball soul!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
thanks. actually turns out it's one step - tap the URL in the post and it will open the podcasts app and ask if you want to subscribe. good old apple.

good timing - just found out i need to something to replace pinball soul!

Nice!

Also, after you subscribe, be sure to click "Add Old Epidsodes"...otherwise it will only give you the first episode for now.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.