Bug Black Rose leaderboard bug

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Here's a one minute video which should demonstrate the bug pretty clearly. Nothing about the game is saved to leaderboards locally or online.
http://www.twitch.tv/horsehammer/c/3565658

After inputting your name the game starts a four player game with the name crap still on the screen and replaces the game you just played. I had this exact same thing happen on taxi as well. Whatever, I'm sure it's not easily reproducable and I'm angry and cranky, but please look into it.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
That happens to me when I play as well. Also, the game flat-out just crashed to my desktop once. The first time this happened to me with the PC version of the game. I hope it is just a problem with the new table. Anyway, having never played Black Rose before, or actually ever knowing of it, it is one of my favorite video pinball tables. I am a sucker for the pirate theme and this table has so much flow.

N

netizen

it looks like the same bug on 'droid where you have to wait for the initials dialogue to appear in the DMD before you can touch any controls on the TPA UI.

After playing a couple games of BR on PC it has the same 5-7 sec delay before the initials dialogue will appear in the dmd, just be patient if you want to preserve your scores for now.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
The DMD doesn't seem quite lined up with the backboard either. :X

BlackRoseDMD.jpg

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
It started a new game after entering initials on my first high score and it wouldnt let me bring up the menu or exit.

EDIT: But that aside, AMAZING job on the table. I've never seen it before but it became my favorite almost immediately. Please fix this bug :)

Vegard

Jan 2, 2014
This happened to me today for the first time, after getting a couple of high scores. I more than doubled my previous score, so I got pretty annoyed. Several people are saying on the Steam forums that it only happens when you enter initials for ships sunk, and that if you let the timer expire, the regular high score will register and the game won't bug out.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Here's a one minute video which should demonstrate the bug pretty clearly. Nothing about the game is saved to leaderboards locally or online.
http://www.twitch.tv/horsehammer/c/3565658

After inputting your name the game starts a four player game with the name crap still on the screen and replaces the game you just played. I had this exact same thing happen on taxi as well. Whatever, I'm sure it's not easily reproducable and I'm angry and cranky, but please look into it.

yes had this issue this morning. Seems related to ships sunk score. Had to kill TPA to get out of it.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I was experiencing similar problems using the Xbox 360 controller to enter my initials. For those using a controller, I've had good luck so far using the keyboard's space bar when selecting the letters and "End", instead of using the controller button. (in my case the green "A" button) I have had 4 games now with sunk ship records, and using the space bar seems to work as expected.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
When entering initials we enable the start button on the table so you can enter each letter. The problem here is that it takes awhile for the game to know initials have been entered. And this allows you to press start and start a new game, which then breaks all the flow. My suggestion for now is to press A with a bit of a delay each time so you don't start a new table until I can come up with a fix.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
When entering initials we enable the start button on the table so you can enter each letter. The problem here is that it takes awhile for the game to know initials have been entered. And this allows you to press start and start a new game, which then breaks all the flow. My suggestion for now is to press A with a bit of a delay each time so you don't start a new table until I can come up with a fix.

Awesome that you guys managed to track the cause down so fast. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.