What my PS4 now has no license and can't play

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
Hi there
I am TheOldFatSurfer on pinball arcade PS4, I use to be oldskool1969 on PS3 but this failed to transfer across so I started a new user and re-downloaded.
I was playing PA on PS4 till recently and now it is locked out? It shows I have purchased table pack pro 1 etc, but can't access main game.
I have deleted an reloaded but no avail
can any body help please. I am in Australia.

It says CAN ONLY BE STARTED BY A USER WITH A LICENSE ??????

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Hi there
I am TheOldFatSurfer on pinball arcade PS4, I use to be oldskool1969 on PS3 but this failed to transfer across so I started a new user and re-downloaded.
I was playing PA on PS4 till recently and now it is locked out? It shows I have purchased table pack pro 1 etc, but can't access main game.
I have deleted an reloaded but no avail
can any body help please. I am in Australia.

It says CAN ONLY BE STARTED BY A USER WITH A LICENSE ??????

I'm sure it has nothing to do with FarSight. They don't manage licenses on the PS4. On the PS4 go to settings then PSN then select restore licenses. You may also have to activate as your primary PS4 if somehow the PSN forgot that this is your primary PS4. If those don't work you'll have to open a case with Sony but they're quick. You'll probably hear back from Sony with 2 days.

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
Thanks dudes,
Will try and let you know, I am a numpty at tech stuff:confused:
UPDATE
Kocha and brakels, worked a firkin treat. Three days had passed and no response from Farsight. One post here and fixed within half a day.
If you blokes are ever in Western Australia, look me up, I have 10 real pinball machines
Monopoly, RBION, Dr Dude, Surf Champ, Big Buck Hunter Pro, Gilligan's Island, Super Straight, 2001, High Hand, Space Station.
You are welcome to play and stay, also pm your PS names and I will send a friend request
Top notch response
Andy

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Thanks for the invite. Glad you are up and running again. That is a great collection of pins you have there. I love that rotating island toy on Gilligan's Island. And Surf Champ is one of my favorite EMs of all time. Give us a bad case of envy and post some pics if you have the time.

Last edited:

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
Thanks for the invite. Glad you are up and running again. That is a great collection of pins you have there. I love that rotating island toy on Gilligan's Island. And Surf Champ is one of my favorite EMs of all time. Give us a bad case of envy and post some pics if you have the time.
No worries,
The forum says it won't allow me to post attachments? WTF is it because I am a newbie to this site.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Newbies can post.
You can post video using the little button second from the right above where you type your forum posts. The third from the right is for pictures but they have to be in a usable format such as from photo bucket or imageshack.

Allowed Image Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
URL

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
No worries,
The forum says it won't allow me to post attachments? WTF is it because I am a newbie to this site.

We don't have a lot of storage for the forum, and I didn't want to pony up more money a month to increase it, so I disabled uploading of files and images.

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
Newbies can post.
You can post video using the little button second from the right above where you type your forum posts. The third from the right is for pictures but they have to be in a usable format such as from photo bucket or imageshack.

Allowed Image Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
URL

I think I will give it a miss then, sounds too hard?
See me on pin side or Aussie pinball - oldskool1969
:cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
There you go. I posted your pick from Pinside, hope you don't mind. Very nice and in sweet condition too. I saw you used to have an Elvis too. I'm rather fond of the Elvis pin.

z4v8.jpg

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
There you go. I posted your pick from Pinside, hope you don't mind. Very nice and in sweet condition too. I saw you used to have an Elvis too. I'm rather fond of the Elvis pin.

thanks dude, yeah my collection has changed from that stage. not too many photos I am afraid. Elvis is a game I could not stand and glad I off loaded-BOAT ANCHOR in my opinion.
Really hope they give us some more table soon!

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
PS4 is really good now, but, my PS3 won,t recognise my oldskool1969 tag as to which I had ALL THE TABLES UP TO DATE!
Got a funny feeling some one read my post from higher up and killed my old account which SONY fxxked up with the transfer.
Any body else have issues like this?
It really does take the shine off for me :(
Maybe FARSIGHT can compensate by allowing me all SEASON 2 tables for my PS4 when they come out? Even though it may not be their fault.
Not a big deal for them considering PA,s popularity, but a HUGE deal for me as I feel a little ripped off by some one?
Andy

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
PS4 is really good now, but, my PS3 won,t recognise my oldskool1969 tag as to which I had ALL THE TABLES UP TO DATE!
Got a funny feeling some one read my post from higher up and killed my old account which SONY fxxked up with the transfer.
Any body else have issues like this?
It really does take the shine off for me :(
Maybe FARSIGHT can compensate by allowing me all SEASON 2 tables for my PS4 when they come out? Even though it may not be their fault.
Not a big deal for them considering PA,s popularity, but a HUGE deal for me as I feel a little ripped off by some one?
Andy

You should take the issue to Sony. FarSight would have no way to verify that you are the legitimate user of your old PSN nor would they know that the PSN is no longer being used.

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
You should take the issue to Sony. FarSight would have no way to verify that you are the legitimate user of your old PSN nor would they know that the PSN is no longer being used.
Pretty sure it is Farsight as oldskool1969 still exists just not on PA. ie completely reset so I have nothing anymore.
Sounds like you work or are affiliated with Farsight brakel? hmmm!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Pretty sure it is Farsight as oldskool1969 still exists just not on PA. ie completely reset so I have nothing anymore.
Sounds like you work or are affiliated with Farsight brakel? hmmm!

No, I'm not affiliated with FarSight. You can tell the FarSight employees on here because it will say so under their name instead of junior member, senior member, etc. Maybe I misunderstood your problem. I thought you were having an issue with your PSN ID. If you need Sony to transfer your purchases to a new PSN because the old one can't be used, then that is a Sony issue. If your problem is something else then I'm sorry that I misunderstood.

Last edited:

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
I think you misunderstand again. My account on PS3 is oldskool1969 this user on PA has been cancelled,reset etc. ALL other games work we'll. I wanted to play my season 2 table packs as the ps4 is taking a little while longer before release.
I just want to play my ps3 games which I fully paid for as well as my ps4 account, they are NOT linked.
Ie. oldskool1969 ps3 , stuffed
TheOldFatSurfer ps4 , sweet

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I think you misunderstand again. My account on PS3 is oldskool1969 this user on PA has been cancelled,reset etc. ALL other games work we'll. I wanted to play my season 2 table packs as the ps4 is taking a little while longer before release.
I just want to play my ps3 games which I fully paid for as well as my ps4 account, they are NOT linked.
Ie. oldskool1969 ps3 , stuffed
TheOldFatSurfer ps4 , sweet

I guess I don't understand what you mean by oldskool1969 has been canceled on PA.

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
If there are FARSIGHT people on this forum maybe they can assist now? their support email must be broken as I have NEVER had a reply from them and find this forum very useful with most queries and updates.

Like most things brakel, I appreciate the try and help stuff, but if you don't understand the question don't offer an answer. :) no hard feelings dude, thanks for trying.

Members online

Members online