PC Version 1.22.7 Discussion and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Please post your PC version 1.22.7 feedback here!

If you want to report bugs or other problems with this version, please use THIS THREAD and follow the guidelines in the first post.

Last edited:

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Quick first impression.. Black Rose is cool. Colour balance is nowhere near as 'orange' as the preview screens suggested. Looks like a fun table!

One big request though...

The darker environment on Black Rose looks a lot better. The table itself looks more 'alive' because of it.

Please bring that to all tables!

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I have a question regarding the sound on both season 3 tables so far. Quality doesn't seem that great (perhaps not as good as season's 1 and 2?).

Is this down to poor sample rate or the quality of the orginal table sounds?

EDIT: I don't remember Fish Tales sounding so rough (no offence Norm!). Perhaps it's a false impression I'm getting from the table selection sound played from the menu (which does sound really low quality)?

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'm sure some of the other tables are looking better, too. Or the lighting has improved... or ball reflections or something. Lighting looked a little weird on the flippers for Pinbot, but nothing too horrible or distracting.

Everything looking much better this update for some reason! Perhaps having to update each table for the rollovers meant any other updates for the tables were included as well (if they were left out previously for not being significant enough).

SqueakyG

Apr 20, 2012
Yesterday Steam had a 700MB download update, which I presume was this version update. I wouldn't have thought 1 new table was 700MB in size, so what else has happened in this update? Is there a changelog?

EDIT: I've found the answer to my own question. Animated rollovers on each table: "We ended up rebuilding all the tables (thanks to Stuart) so it's on all of them. The patch will be larger than normal for this."

I wondered if any lighting/post-processing changes had happened. It's hard to tell. I tried a few tables and they looked brighter, almost like PP wasn't activated, though it's probably just my imagination. T2 and other notoriously pink tables still look pink. I saw that there's now a "Texture filtering" option in the launch configuration utility, but I can't see any effect of setting it to 16x... textures at the far end of the table still pixellate.

Also, for the first time ever I got a bluescreen memory error when backing out of the season 2 table list, but that's for the bug report thread. Oh, and all the single-player high scores have reset!

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
T2 is different, but it's still pink. Chrome parts have been brightened and the blues are duller, but there's still a largely pink hue to it. I wonder if Taxi still has the same colouring problems with the ramps (amongst other things)?

p6800

May 17, 2013
Just want to point something about the default ball on black rose.

With ball reflection low it looks like this: http://s30.postimg.org/qjzw0wcj5/2014_01_19_00001.jpg / http://s30.postimg.org/snab8kcc1/2014_01_19_00002.jpg
It lacks the nice shine you see on other tables. Here is big shot for example - http://s30.postimg.org/exkddielt/2014_01_19_00003.jpg

Ball reflection off makes it look like this - http://s30.postimg.org/ogu26z241/2014_01_19_00004.jpg

Can the default ball color be tweaked to make it look shinier and easier to see on black rose, just like on the rest of the tables?

imagamejunky

Sep 2, 2013
and still the playfield isn't centered in portrait mode....
I didn't buy fish tales and I won't spend another dime on TPA until either a true cabinet mode is released or AT LEAST the playfield is centered. It looks HORRIBLE guys!!

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Perhaps adding simple camera movement via the cursor keys would solve this.

Left cursor = pan camera left
Right cursor = pan camera right
Up cursor = zoom camera in
Down cursor = zoom camera out

A couple of min/max limits would keep the cam from going beyond the viewpoints that the developers intended.

Surely this is achievable?

imagamejunky

Sep 2, 2013
Perhaps adding simple camera movement via the cursor keys would solve this.

Left cursor = pan camera left
Right cursor = pan camera right
Up cursor = zoom camera in
Down cursor = zoom camera out

A couple of min/max limits would keep the cam from going beyond the viewpoints that the developers intended.

Surely this is achievable?

Agreed.
This should have been added and probably was achievable a long time ago

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Agreed.
This should have been added and probably was achievable a long time ago

Having said that, I think the default camera position in Black Rose is one of the best yet for 1080p portrait. Good perspective and outlanes are within view. This needs addressing for many of the other tables where the default camera is zoomed too close, making it impossible to see the outlanes.

I also like the new attract mode camera sweep, but I think this needs standardising across all tables. Some start far too close to the playfield and zoom in to display those nasty low resolution textures in all their glory!

For the next patch, I think built in portrait mode handling should be high priority. All this fiddling around rotating the screen from within the display driver is getting tiresome.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Oh and did I say what a good job FarSight have done on Black Rose? ;)

This sort of quality can only help justify moving to one table per month. FarSight should have done this ages ago.

I just hope they maintain this momentum for Season 3, and also use some time to address the reported issues with their older tables, as well as improving the platform itself.

Looking forward to seeing how the new UI develops.

happytm03

Nov 12, 2013
WOW! I can see them lights and more animation. Also camera view 4 normally view is cut on outer lanes can
now be seen, very proportional.

The improvements are appreciated. I own a PS4 and the PC version is
very close to PS4 today.

I appreciate FarSights for all the enhancements and Steam for bringing us
these enhancements with no delay.

Thanks Far Sight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.