Bug Mac Version 3.2.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for Mac version 3.2.0 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
Device/OS: MacBookPro - OS 10.9.1

Bug Description:
1. Game goes black and locks up when posting high score to facebook. (and doesn’t post on facebook either)
2. Game crashes upon completion of game and “updating scoreboard” when playing offline

Additional Comments: email sent to support as well, includes screen shot of bug 1

Great game!!! look forward to adding more tables

Jay

May 19, 2012
Device/OS: 2014 MacPro, 10.9.2

Bug Description: The "nudge" keys are now intermittent. It's as if they don't register a tap. Once they spring back to life, they'll stay that way for a short time.

Steps To Reproduce: Play the game

Frequency: Intermittent, but it happens on every game.

Additional Comments: This is new; I never before had problems with nudging on a Mac.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Device/OS: 2014 MacPro, 10.9.2

Bug Description: The "nudge" keys are now intermittent. It's as if they don't register a tap. Once they spring back to life, they'll stay that way for a short time.

Steps To Reproduce: Play the game

Frequency: Intermittent, but it happens on every game.

Additional Comments: This is new; I never before had problems with nudging on a Mac.

This should be fixed in the next update.

As for the framerate issues on Mavericks: the engine developer is aware of it and will be investigating it when he gets a chance.

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
Device/OS: MacBookPro - OS 10.9.1

Bug Description:
1. Game goes black and locks up when posting high score to facebook. (and doesn’t post on facebook either)
2. Game crashes upon completion of game and “updating scoreboard” when playing offline

Additional Comments: email sent to support as well, includes screen shot of bug 1

Great game!!! look forward to adding more tables
Further insight into this Facebook issue
(Now using OS 10.9.2 and Pinball Arcade 3.3.0)

Upon clicking "Yes" to post High Score On Facebook, the game goes black and locks up, there is a "Connecting to Facebook" dialog at the top.
I've found what is happening.
A Facebook login window opens up, however, it is hidden behind the game.
It is not possible to access it in Full Screen mode.
Even when you switch out of full screen mode, it is still hidden behind the game.
To access (or even see it) you have to switch out of Full Screen mode and minimized the game window.

The Good News:
I was now able to login Facebook, and it did post my high score on Facebook (hopefully it will arouse some curiosity from my friends)

The Bad News:
Pinball Arcade was still locked up with the "Connecting to Facebook" dialog at the top, however the black screen has returned to the game screen.
I still had to force quit.

Now that I'm actually logged into Facebook from the game, I'll have to see what happens the next time I get a high score.
(now that I will be trying, it will probably take me longer to get a high score)

I concur on the nudging only working half the time.
I call it an "angry bug" as it always happens at the worst time (like when you're trying to nudge to save a ball and nothing happens)
This always brings out the anger and an F-bomb or two.

I look forward to this getting fixed :)

HulkScrotum

Jan 23, 2014
There is a lingering bug in Firepower:

Device/OS: iMac running Mavericks 10.9.2 (although it's been around that I know of since 10.8.x)

Bug Description: Game Locks up...not a hard freeze, but more "confused" and doesn't end after the last ball.

Steps To Reproduce: At the end of the third ball, you get comments ("Mission Destroyed You", "You Destroyed Firepower" etc.). When the comment is "Mission Accomplished" the game does not end. It just sits there. Flippers are still operational, but the game does not end. You have to go into the game menu and basically lose progress to play another game.

Frequency: Every time the game ends saying "Mission Accomplished" - any other comments, depending on how well/poorly the game has gone, will end as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.