Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Time Machine

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Laser War

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
We know they're coming at some point but with most of the Data East tables being licensed I thought I'd ask what are your top five picks. Note that I did not include any promotional or extremely rare tables like Michael Jordon or King Kong.

Disregard the thread title. I changed it to five due to the large amount of tables.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I picked 3 since i voted before reading the OP but as it is, i had to really figure out a 3rd one anyway.

My pics in the order i picked them:
Monday Night Football:
Ok yes, this table is moron simple, but still gaining yardage and shooting PATs was awesome.
I used to play this at a bar when I was 13 or so and they had a John Elway football next to it. The attract mode is amazing and really it is fun.

WWF Royal Rumble:
I only got to play this table a few times but it was a lot of fun, especially playing up on the wrestling ring upper level

Star Wars:
Haven't played this much but I really like Star Wars

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
What I chose, and why I chose them:
Guns N' Roses is great because I like the music, and though it doesn't hold a candle to the new AC/DC table, it was revolutionary for it's time.
Tommy is awesome because of the great combination of great music and gameplay (even though the music is from the Broadway cast, and not the 1969 album).
Tales from the Crypt is another good layout combined with a cool theme.
Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle is a great, underrated table, another good theme/gameplay combination, though it does suffer from excessive sound bite repetition (alley oop! Oh, Mr. Peabody!). TFTC also suffers from this, but to a lesser degree.
Star Wars - Honestly I think this table is overrated, and doesn't do a great job with its stellar (no pun intended) license, but, hey, it's Star Wars.

I've never played Last Action Hero in any form, but it has a good reputation. I also considered swapping out Rocky and Bullwinkle for Jurassic Park, but I haven't played as much JP as I have RB, so I'm less familiar with it.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
LAH isn't all that, honest.

I went:

GNR
JP
Tommy
TFTC
and
Checkpoint (for historic reasons)

Andy

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I originally thought three but changed it to five because of the large amount of tables. I'd like to change the thread title but can't figure out how.

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
Very little love for Phantom. That game was really the only Data East table at the time I would lower myself from my WMS pedestal to play.
Love Tommy with the flipper cover gimmick.

Played a lot of Back to the Future, due to proximity, can't say I miss playing it though.

My Data East hate isn't about the themes at all or even the layouts most of the time. I always thought the flippers on DE games sucked.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Well. We got almost forty votes and here's my two cents on the probability of getting the top picks. Please chime in with your thoughts.

1. Jurassic Park - A small possibility but not likely.
2. (Tie) Star Wars - No freaking way! I would think that if Farsight could tap into the monstrosity that is George Lucas, they'd go after Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure.
2. (Tie) Tales from the Crypt - I could see this one happening. Its a popular table and shouldn't be too expensive.
3. Back to the Future - Not likely either. No Michael J. Fox but you got the other voices, the movies and Huey Lewis as well.
4. (Tie) Guns N' Roses - A lot of people have already said this one is highly unlikely and I'd have to agree. Slash may be a pinball fan and willing to help but Axel?
4. (Tie) Tommy - I don't know about this one. I don't know have any idea how much this would cost and if The Who are a pain to deal with. I know it's a great DE table and it's license has become synonymous with pinball sooo I'd say maybe?
5. The Simpsons - Forget it. If you're gonna pay for this license, Stern's Simpson's Pinball Party just steals the show. The DE table is decent but Stern's is just too deep to pass up in favor of this one.

Those are my thoughts but, once again, please let me know what you guys think.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
There's gotta be a few licenses that are doable.

Back to the Future
Hook
Jurassic Park
Maverick
Tales from the Crypt

I understand Star Wars and Simpsons are mega franchises but I haven't seen the Crypt Keeper in some time. Where are you John Kassir? Where??

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Without a doubt :
Playboy 35th Anniversary (my brother owns Playboy the Grotto) This license will not only get you coverage in the magazine, but a new user base , Playboy was always pro-pinball
Star Wars
Batman
The Simpsons (one of the biggest requests after Addams Family on TPA FB page)
Tales from the Crypt (any scary themed pinball machines are good sellers , the license is probably cheap these days)

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Is there any confirmation that Data East tables are in the pipeline? I guess Sega would have to be involved in the licensing as well since they bought out Data East.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
I went GNR, Tommy, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Trek, and Phantom.
Would also love to see Crypt, Star Wars, Time Machine (no license, very cool table for 1988), LAH, Batman, Hook, and JP.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I think there should be another poll of same groups D.E. sys 9,11 tables of WICH TABLES HAVE YOU PLAYED as I only vote for tables I know even though the census says a majority are better, Also on that poll should contain units made. I bet the more produced tables will get more votes regardless of how GOOD the game is.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts