podcast

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
i don't even know how to get it, does it come through the internet and play through the pinball arcade and gaming system?... in any event, i heard it is nothing spectacular, but, if they really want to make it special they should do this: i spend a lot of time and money downloading from itunes specific songs to create music mixes for specific tables, the year is important as this brings back those old memories...i suggest that the podcast should spotlight a soundtrack every few hours for a specific machine this would be totally cool as it would also save someone like me a great deal of effort.

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
Here is a link to the article for you from the forum's article front page.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/conte...ST-4-Much-Ado-About-Nothing!-UPDATED-01-17-14

Each of the previous casts has a link to the mp3 file to download and a link to the discussion forum for that episode.

The newest podcast (#4) has a link to an RSS feed. You should be able to add a RSS feed to any client, including iTunes if that is your podcast listening application of choice, and set it to notify you or automatically download updates.

For example, in iTunes, go to FILE and then select Subscribe to podcast. Enter in the URL from their RSS feed from the page I pasted above.

Finally, you might consider making your suggestion in one of their discussion threads, also from the page I linked above, they are more apt to read it if you do.

I hope that helps.

EDIT: Here is the link to the RSS feed. You won't be able to "visit" this as a page. Just paste it into your subscription dialog and that should do it.

http://shoutengine.com/ThePinballArcadeFansBarcadePodcast.xml

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
... in any event, i heard it is nothing spectacular, but, if they really want to make it special they should do this: i spend a lot of time and money downloading from itunes specific songs to create music mixes for specific tables, the year is important as this brings back those old memories...

Wow. That's just brutal. No, we don't do anything particularly spectacular, but to be blown off like that. Ouch.

And then you want us to 'spend a lot of time and money'? Hehe, sure buddy!

Tell ya what. Give us a listen. If you don't have a good time, no worries. If you have an okay time and have suggestions, please do send 'em our way. If you have a great time, we'll still take suggestions. We are doing this for our amusement and hopefully others. Nobody has a career in this, it is an offshoot of the fun we have in the chat room. It also is tailored to this very forum, as opposed to other pinball podcasts.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think maybe he was under the impression that Farsight was putting out this podcast themselves? Not sure, but just giving him the benefit of the doubt, heh.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I love Pinball, and TPA is probably representative of 80% of the limited time I actually get for gaming - but... I wouldn't dream of listening to a podcast dedicated to this.
It's just horses for courses - some will probably love it, some won't. I haven't tried it.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I love Pinball, and TPA is probably representative of 80% of the limited time I actually get for gaming - but... I wouldn't dream of listening to a podcast dedicated to this.
It's just horses for courses - some will probably love it, some won't. I haven't tried it.
You might want to give it a shot anyway. Quite a bit of real pinball goes into it. (The fourth episode alone devotes a large chunk of time to discussing real-life league and tournament play, along with a comparison of TPA's Monster Bash to the real machine.) And if you're afraid the TPA sections are all sweetness and light, there have been some pretty honest assessments of TPA's shortcomings as well.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

I don't think I'd dream of listening to the Barcade podcast either but I have listened to them all. I'll make sure to update the forum if I dream about listening to it. I did dream last night that my wife quit her job and moved to Springfield.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I think maybe he was under the impression that Farsight was putting out this podcast themselves? Not sure, but just giving him the benefit of the doubt, heh.

Farsight don't. But they do listen to it... ;-)

They should also listen to "The Pinball Podcast" - big Farsight fans.

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
hey, i wasn't dumping on the podcast, i never even heard it, i don't even know how to recieve it, all i was saying is that i HEARD that it was nothing spectacular, infact, that bit of negative intel came directly from a headline of this very website.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
i agree that scottish woman with driveway cheese sucks, its a very much amatuer effort for pure fun with a huge refkection on the chatroom try clicking a link magic audio man

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
hey, i wasn't dumping on the podcast, i never even heard it, i don't even know how to recieve it, all i was saying is that i HEARD that it was nothing spectacular, infact, that bit of negative intel came directly from a headline of this very website.

Which headline was that?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I wonder if he got that from the episode's title, currently showing in the "Recent Articles" lower left sidebar on the site's front page: "Much Ado About Nothing." ; )

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012

how can you make suggestions on something that you have never heard before?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I wonder if he got that from the episode's title, currently showing in the "Recent Articles" lower left sidebar on the site's front page: "Much Ado About Nothing." ; )

Ahhhh. I guess that kinda makes sense? Though if you don't get it being a Shakespeare reference instead of a direct comment on content, I worry. I used that title because it was our longest podcast yet despite the fact there was no real happenings in the world of TPA for us to talk about, only things to speculate.

I guess the next podcast will have to be titled "the greatest since sliced bread".

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.