Next Table: Super League Football (or Soccer)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
http://www.superleaguefootball.com/

...Meh. If there was ever a theme I find uninspiring, it's football. But this will undoubtedly be popular for them. Table design does look interesting, with flipper outlane saves kind of like Q-Bert. The usual wackiness you get from Zen.

Also interesting that they cite a real life table directly as the influence for the game. Treading on Farsight's toes? :p

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Doesn't appeal to me personally - I'm more into Rugby than football, but I guess a prolate spheroid wouldn't work too well for Pinball.

I'll definitely try it at some point though.
I think this'll be a massive money spinner for Zen.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Hm the license probably wasn't cheap, and quite a few fans won't buy it because their team isn't in (like me) or a team they strongly dislike IS in it.. ;)

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Well this has to be good for those complaining about too many Star Wars and/or too many Marvel tables.

Otherwise, this looks fun.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Doesn't appeal to me personally - I'm more into Rugby than football, but I guess a prolate spheroid wouldn't work too well for Pinball.

I'll definitely try it at some point though.
I think this'll be a massive money spinner for Zen.

Given the popularity of FIFA in Europe, also the fact that they got real teams in it, this will be a killer app. If it was a generic football theme people might ignore it, but having real teams will get attention. I don't have a clue about football but for a lot of my friends it's their lifeblood.

N

netizen

The teaser video sort of makes the game out to be based on Flipper Football in some ways. I wonder if Zen is going to be branching into the timer based games :/

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
that would actually be an interesting experiment, itd negate people who are willing to play for 12 hours

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Outlanes look pretty tame on this table, added to the flipper saves (not sure if those flippers will always be active or you need to earn them like a kickback), could Zen be making an easier table to attract football (and hook) fans to their platform.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
As with most Zen tables the tables are really interesting designs. The outlane flippers look interesting indeed. Especially with the sink-holes above the gates. Zen may not have the best Physics but my gosh the tables are fun to play. Their uniqueness alone makes me play Zen more than TPA.

It may not be WCS94 but as any pinball fan it will be a must buy for me.

night

May 18, 2012
Smart move with the upcoming world championship. But it has those dancing animated clown-figures again, no-no, this is not pinball, me no like.

hootowls

Aug 20, 2013
This will be a nice change of pace for me after having loaded up on Marvel and Star Wars tables during the last sale.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Crappy physics? I don't think so. I'll be getting this table along with Dr. Strange. I'm betting they release together on Feb 18. Capcom's Strider has been announced to hit that day as well.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Seems like this will be a good theme for the international market. As a 'murican, doesn't do anything for me :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts