Zen2

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
what are your thoughts on Zen2? i found that it is more enjoyable when you change the table pitch steeper, it feels pretty good and a little more realistic. but your scores do not count, im cool with that tho because the tabes are hella fun and i love pinball, i play all day. epic quest, sorcers lair etc are some of my favs. can anyone recomment a super fun table pack?

edit: edited my original post because it was in the wrong location, but i dont know how to/cant change the title on the outside-thread-list page

Last edited:

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I am a big fan of Zen 2. I have the PS3 version and will have the PS4 version in a few days when my PS4 arrives. It does some things really well - the graphics are fantastic, for example. It does some things pretty well - flipper interactions are better than TPA. And others - like how easy it is to catch balls and ramps that seem to randomly reject perfect shots - not so well. In general, I like almost every table with only a couple - Tesla, V12, and Shaman being terrible. Sometimes I think they go overboard and end up with a playfield that is way too cluttered, making things hard to see, but generally I think they do a great job. Sorcerer's Lair is far and away my favorite. It's probably no coincidence that that table is also the closest-to-real-life of any of their tables.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
I am a big fan of Zen 2. I have the PS3 version and will have the PS4 version in a few days when my PS4 arrives. It does some things really well - the graphics are fantastic, for example. It does some things pretty well - flipper interactions are better than TPA. And others - like how easy it is to catch balls and ramps that seem to randomly reject perfect shots - not so well. In general, I like almost every table with only a couple - Tesla, V12, and Shaman being terrible. Sometimes I think they go overboard and end up with a playfield that is way too cluttered, making things hard to see, but generally I think they do a great job. Sorcerer's Lair is far and away my favorite. It's probably no coincidence that that table is also the closest-to-real-life of any of their tables.

definately. and i give them a lot of credit for comming up with these awesome tables from scratch. pure talent. the sf2 tribute table feels like it was an actual table, real authentic looking/playing, setup and design etc. imo. i enjoy it more when i increase the tabe pitch in the OP menu, it jus feels better on 8.0. some tables are too cluttered, im thinking aboit buying the balance packs, i heard they were awesome. im not really into marvel which they do a lot of (only like spiderman, thor, wolverine, batman etc.) and few others.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
what are your thoughts on Zen2? i found that it is more enjoyable when you change the table pitch steeper, it feels pretty good and a little more realistic. but your scores do not count, im cool with that tho because the tabes are hella fun and i love pinball, i play all day. epic quest, sorcers lair etc are some of my favs. can anyone recomment a super fun table pack?

edit: edited my original post because it was in the wrong location, but i dont know how to/cant change the title on the outside-thread-list page

I'd recommend the Marvel pack with Spiderman, Wolverine, Iron Man, and Blade, or the Avengers Chronicle pack.

The Balance of the Force pack seems good too, although I haven't bought it outright.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
The main thing to keep in mind with Zen is that the later the table was released, the more complex it is. The earliest PFX stuff is less complex than most 90s machines (avoid these, even Zen has partially disowned them), the mid stuff (starting from the Excalibur and Earth Defence machines) is about on par with a 90s machine, and from then they get gradually more complex, right up to the latest Star Wars pack where every table is a beast of a machine with rules that would take essays to fully document.

From that you should know which tables you'd like best.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I also love ZP2. I have heard good things about Marvel's Dr. Strange. Sony messed up and it wasn't released with the PS4 version of ZP2. If you have the PS3 version I would recommend the Avengers Chronicles and Marvel Vengeance and Virtue. The original Marvel pack is good as well. You really can't go wrong with any of them unless you have a favorite character.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I'm not a huge fan of Dr. Strange. The gameplay on that one feels really repetitive. I'm sure I'll still buy it for the PS4 though :)

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I like Zen 2. Some of the tables are really cool and it's fun to play. The Marvel tables are good, even though DC is better.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Over the weekend I purchased Shaman, Tesla, Epic Quest and Excalibur. I also managed to get back Paranormal and Fantastic Four after thinking I had lost both games. Really like Epic Quest and I actually enjoyed Shaman I dig the witch doctor theme.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Over the weekend I purchased Shaman, Tesla, Epic Quest and Excalibur. I also managed to get back Paranormal and Fantastic Four after thinking I had lost both games. Really like Epic Quest and I actually enjoyed Shaman I dig the witch doctor theme.

I'm a huge fan of Epic Quest and to me it is the epitome of what Zen's pinball game in all about.

I love the game to game continuation of your character.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Yes I have put in a request for a sequel to Epic Quest. They need to make their "DMDs" easier to read though.

In the latest Star Wars pack, you have a few seconds to read a paragraph of pixellated text... if the rules need that much text to describe, they're too complex!

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
While waiting for the new table and tournament on TPA I have been playing tons of Zen lately. I purchased Spiderman for Marvel Pinball a few days ago and liked it. I also played really well on Paranormal and learned more about the game playing it on an iPad instead of playing it on an iPod like I had in the past. I also played Sorcerer's Lair and blew away my previous high score. I am getting a free $10.00 iTunes card next week from another forum I post on and plan on blowing the entire card on Marvel tables.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
The main thing to keep in mind with Zen is that the later the table was released, the more complex it is. The earliest PFX stuff is less complex than most 90s machines (avoid these, even Zen has partially disowned them), the mid stuff (starting from the Excalibur and Earth Defence machines) is about on par with a 90s machine, and from then they get gradually more complex, right up to the latest Star Wars pack where every table is a beast of a machine with rules that would take essays to fully document.

From that you should know which tables you'd like best.

thanks, that deff sums it up nicely

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
i got into exaclibur, love the simple old school feel of street fighter, ninja gaiden is cool. i like thestarwars pack and am eventually gonna get the forces pack.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I'm a huge fan of Epic Quest and to me it is the epitome of what Zen's pinball game in all about.

I love the game to game continuation of your character.

Yes Epic Quest is my favorite of Zen's non Marvel/Star Wars pinball table. As one of their original Lineups, the game is fun even for it's simplicity. I love how you level up and get items and 'Epic Loot' and it does get more difficult as you level up. Timers seem shorter and even though you hit the sword and shield ramps they may have resistance like many RPGs out there.

I hope they do more table like this in the future.

I think Super league is close and similar as the more leagues you play in, timers on when the team takes the ball away is much shorter than when you first start out.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Yes Epic Quest is my favorite of Zen's non Marvel/Star Wars pinball table. As one of their original Lineups, the game is fun even for it's simplicity. I love how you level up and get items and 'Epic Loot' and it does get more difficult as you level up. Timers seem shorter and even though you hit the sword and shield ramps they may have resistance like many RPGs out there.

I hope they do more table like this in the future.

I think Super league is close and similar as the more leagues you play in, timers on when the team takes the ball away is much shorter than when you first start out.

I just bought Epic Quest based on how many people have been saying they like it. I've played the demo a bunch of times and really always wanted to keep playing.

Still waiting for a sale to buy the rest of the Marvel and Star Wars packs.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.