Android - Request Change app in android market from "Free" to "Free Trial"

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
FarSight I'm begging you to please change the "Free" to "Free Trial" on your app in the android market. It's disheartening seeing that over half of the 1 and 2 star reviews are coming from people who obviously don't read the description before they download the app.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

I think bowflex summed it up in another thread.
Problem is most mobile device users want something quick free and disposable, whereas console players are used to paying for, and expect quality.
That's probably, sadly why bad reviews are coming in.
But on the positive - I think its changing with more big games companies getting involved in Android and ios like Farsight and Rockstar, and products definitely improving.
I hope attitudes will change and people expect to pay for quality.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Saturday we made a change to the description text that now says " trial mode for free" but unfortunately the free button is still there (part of Android market's interface). Nothing we can do about that one.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Not to my knowledge, we have been hit harder on Android (my department) than on ios for this it seems.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I know on the Canadian store there are lots of complaints about it not being "free." I'd suggest "Pinball Arcade Lite," which is a common naming scheme for a limited, trial, release like this.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.