PSP Gottlieb Collection Working On PS Vita ?

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
CONFIRMED PSP Gottlieb Collection Working On PS Vita!

There are many games for the PSP which work on the PS Vita but are not officially supported by Sony yet (you can not find them in PSN under PSP games that work on the PS Vita)

I can now CONFIRM 100% THAT THE PINBALL HALL OF FAME GOTTLIEB COLLECTION FOR THE PSP WORKS ON THE PS VITA !!!

HOW TO GET THE GAME:

The only way to get it on your PS Vita, is if you have a PS3.

Buy the game via your PS3 in PSN.

Download it to your PS3.

Do not open it.

Connect your PS Vita to your PS3.

Open the CONTENT MANAGER app

go to copy PSP System to PS Vita System

click on Applications

click on Applications (PSP/Other)

click on Applications Downloaded on the PS3 System

Check Off Pinball Hall of Fame

click Copy

THAT's it YOU'RE IN THE GAME !!!!

Last edited:

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I just played The Black Hole table and can say, judging from videos of the real table, the ball movment, although slow at times, is more realistic than TPA ... I noticed this right off the bat when I plunged the ball ... it bounce back and forth a few times before going through the three sloted roll over. In addition, once down in the black hole, the swishing sound is present!

Although the camera angles are the best in this version, it is really fun to play, and I hope the Gottlieb Table GENIE and Victory come to TPA...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Nice!

I still have the UMD from my old PSP....I don't have a Vita though.

I remember the ball movement being pretty slow, especially down the inlanes, almost like they were covered in molasses or something.....but other than that, quite fun indeed.

Last edited:

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Yes, you are right, the ball movement is slow but the ball bounciness is better. There are a few other things I like about this psp version as well ... I like the faint reflection of the glass on the play field and I like the old tables, such as Big Shot ... its fun colors, its unforgiving nature, and most of all hearing and seeing the mechanical score go up, the old bell type sounds when a bumper or slingshot is hit.

I just realized you can use portrait mode too ... with the x and triangle buttons controlling the flippers.

All in all, although not up to par with TPA, certainly a joy to check out and I hope many of these tables come to the TPA ...

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
anybody? I bought this and MOJO on a discount rack for PS2 $10 each loved them both. I have a PSP with TV connections if I have to but does it work off the XMB like some psn psp DL'd purchases? RETRO you should be able to own on multiple devices, since its on your vita can you re-download it and try to open in XMB? It only recognises a copy if it WORKS. So if it doesn't it wont count.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Here is how it worked for me. I never had it on a PSP, I sold my PSP before buying it. You can not not buy it through your Vita either, its not available. You must buy it with the PS3 then transfer it to the vita without trying to open.

But like many PSP games, they simply do not work on the PS3 ... try to open them and it states it is a psp game and asks if you want to transfer it to a PSP.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I know that. I'm asking if someone/YOU can try to start it from XMB? If it doesn't work no loss to you, you can re-download as long as you haven't exceeded your file share. Can you just re-download and try to open in XMB? Minis work and some PSP games, I have a RGB video connection for my PSP to T.V. I just need to know can it work on XMB? If not I'll DL and play on the SHIET'IER!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts