Family Modes

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Besides SS and AFM are there currently any other roms with family modes in them? Or even Season 2 on down the line.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I remember once I had this one and I don't recall a family mode. Perhaps you're right though. Any noticeable differences?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember reading that Bride of Pinbot had a modesty mode, which sounds like the same thing as family mode.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Yes but there is no pro mode for BOP. I just wanted to know if there were any DMD animations that are changed with MM's family mode. I know there will still be a bleep regardless.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Yes but there is no pro mode for BOP. I just wanted to know if there were any DMD animations that are changed with MM's family mode. I know there will still be a bleep regardless.

I believe that MM has family mode turned off by default, so buying pro-mode and turning it on would only sensor it more.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

There was no difference in the DMD animations. The MM roms aren't family mode either. They are the standard Roms. There ARE roms that are uncensored out there but they were not standard in the tables that were produced during the run.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
OK thanks everyone. I have even heard they took out animations and samples from SS. What are we little kids? Even my kids aren't kids anymore. Supposedly there is a rom for MM that is kind of raunchy. Probably a user hacked rom, but what's wrong with that? I mean when I played VP I liked hearing Arnie cuss at me randomly in T2. Supposedly Demolition Man has one but I have used all the roms and have never heard a thing.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
OK thanks everyone. I have even heard they took out animations and samples from SS. What are we little kids? Even my kids aren't kids anymore. Supposedly there is a rom for MM that is kind of raunchy. Probably a user hacked rom, but what's wrong with that? I mean when I played VP I liked hearing Arnie cuss at me randomly in T2. Supposedly Demolition Man has one but I have used all the roms and have never heard a thing.

As far as using a hacked ROM like the raunchy MM, FarSight is contractually barred from using anything but the production ROMs.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It was still an unofficial rom and they can't use it

I never noticed you are from Windsor! I grew up in Detroit and spent plenty of time there!!! Although all my old favorite steakhouses are closed now, like Ye Olde Steakhouse. Still plenty of great stuff there!

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
What do Bally/Williams even care about unifficial roms? It's not like they're in business anymore. It's not going to hurt anyone. I have played all of them in VP. If they're worried about their rep I don't see people busting down the doors to make more programs like TPA.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
What do Bally/Williams even care about unifficial roms? It's not like they're in business anymore. It's not going to hurt anyone. I have played all of them in VP. If they're worried about their rep I don't see people busting down the doors to make more programs like TPA.

It's their license and I imagine they want to protect the image, especially with the new production run of Medieval Madness and possibly other tables coming. The uncensored roms were actually created by WMS but I can understand that they only distributed them to the chosen few to begin with. Hopefully they will pass along the more complete version of Cactus Canyon someday.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

Its a lawyer thing. The worst case scenario is that FarSight puts out a table with a mod that infringes on someone's license, likeness or other rights and then Williams or other manufacturer is included in the lawsuit. So the lawyers tell them to only allow the release exactly how they were originally released since everything was vetted back when it was originally produced. And Williams and the other license holders are still in business, just not producing pinball machines.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts