Round 1: Vote on Your Questions for Bobby King (Pick 3)

Please PICK THREE Questions

• Will operator's menu or tournament mode settings ever be implemented into every table in TPA?

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • Are any early Bally SS tables or Gottlieb ROM emulation coming soon?

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Any progress on multiplayer? Would you consider a turn-based multi-player mode with voice chat?

• If the TZ Kickstarter is effective, will this be the way future licenses are paid for?

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • PC version support Cabinet view, multiple screens, and/or real DMDs right off the bat? Does FS have

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Will will ever be able to vote for table releases, and if so when?

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Have you spoken to Jack or made any approaches to JJP re. WOZ?

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Vita: will we be able to flip the screen and use the X and Triangle button for flipper controls?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When will the bounciness and other physics inaccuracies be corrected?

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Any chance we will get any fairly new Stern machines?

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Plans for mobile lighting? Any chance of "day" and "night" modes?

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Please tell me more about the Pinball Arcade Supporters Tournament. How will it work? Prizes? etc.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Will the wooden floor background ever come to mobile, or other background options for all versions

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Any Steve Ritchie games coming in the next few months? Anything aside from those in PHOF?

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Would you ever consider asking for original sound files in an effort to improve sound quality?

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Would you consider creating a customizable arcade room? As unlockables or DLC?

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • What do you do with the pins you have once the table has been released in TPA?

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • How long does it take to develop a single table? What are the steps from beginning to end?

• Will we see support for Extra Ball Buy In, for games that support it?

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • How many pinball machines are currently at your office? How many do you have room for?

• Total voters

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's time to vote on which questions will be selected for the Round 1 Forum Interview with Bobby King from Farsight! Please select 3 Questions from the poll. Bobby will answer the top 3 questions later this week.

I picked 20 random questions, and some were either combined or condensed to save space in the poll (the forum only allows so many characters per question). If your question didn't get picked the first time around, or it doesn't get voted in, don't worry because this will be a reoccurring event, so you can always resubmit your question for Round 2.

Thanks again to HOW (Andy) for the idea, and another thank you to Bobby for graciously agreeing to take part.

Last edited:

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
There were several excellent questions there, it was tough to choose 3. Thanks for compiling this list it will be interesting to see what the developers have to say.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Lots of good questions. It was tough narrowing it down, but it looks like most of the ones I was most interested in hearing an answer to have the most votes, except it also seems we'll waste a question about cabinet and real DMD support.

I just hope the answers aren't disappointing. I can see opening this page after they've been answered, and seeing this:

"Will we see newer Stern machines? No."
"Will we be able to vote for tables? No."
"Will the PC version support cabinet views? No."

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Lots of good questions. It was tough narrowing it down, but it looks like most of the ones I was most interested in hearing an answer to have the most votes, except it also seems we'll waste a question about cabinet and real DMD support.

What do you mean "waste a question"?

I just hope the answers aren't disappointing. I can see opening this page after they've been answered, and seeing this:

Nah, Bobby wouldn't do that to us.

What happens if there's a tie?

I'll probably give the top 5 to Bobby just in case there's one or two he can't answer, or maybe he'll feel like answering all of them :)

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Thanks for organising and agreeing Jeff and Bobby.
Seems everyone wants same answers as me :)

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Any chance we will get any fairly new Stern machines?
Haven't they already answered this question indirectly when they said they hope to achieve simultaneous releases with Stern one day? :confused:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Haven't they already answered this question indirectly when they said they hope to achieve simultaneous releases with Stern one day? :confused:

No, because the question is asking about machines from the last few years, not unreleased Sterns.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012

Funny, the question about cabinet views and real DMDs is the only one I really care about.

The one regarding Stern is a total waste.
Q: Will we ever see newer Stern tables?
A: We would love to release them so long as we can secure (and pay for) the licenses.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Funny, of the question currently leading the question about cabinet views and real DMDs is the only one I care about.

The other two are obvious, especially regarding Stern.
Q: Will we ever see newer Stern tables?
A: We would love to release them so long as we can secure (and pay for) the licenses.

Yeah, we could always add a little something to the Stern question....maybe Bobby could give us a hint in regards to a specific table they might be leaning towards.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I picked only 1, cause all the other i dont care at all. A bit dissapointed about the questions. But ok, it is how it is.

Sorry, there were more than 20 questions so I had to narrow it down. (and I originally said I was only going to pick 10, but I thought this would make everyone happier)...and I did get one of your's (the Stern question, which is currently one of the top questions), so you can't be too disappointed. ;)

Personally, I think there are many good questions.

Last edited:

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Haha, dont worry mate, ;-). I am fine. I hope when he gets the questions he answers them and give some additional information.

Will be interesting, maybe some easter eggs or vague hints. Cant wait.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Guys, just a reminder that the questions can be rephrased and expanded upon when I submit them to Bobby. Like I said, I had to compress things down to fit within the text limitations of the poll. So let me know if there's something specific you'd like to see included with the top questions.

The poll will probably be open for another day or possibly two, but I'm anxious to get the first round rolling onward. :)

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
"When will the bounciness and other physics inaccuracies be corrected?"

I have found a lack of ball bounciness in TPA, is that what this question is referring to?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
"When will the bounciness and other physics inaccuracies be corrected?"

I have found a lack of ball bounciness in TPA, is that what this question is referring to?

Actually, I find the opposite. When the ball bounces off a stationary flipper, it bounces far higher than on a real machine.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Actually, I find the opposite. When the ball bounces off a stationary flipper, it bounces far higher than on a real machine.

I was really surprised when I saw it included as one of the questions. Obviously real tables behave differently depending on table tilt, state of the playfield, rubbers, etc but I find TPA to be pretty spot on bounce wise.

The bounce, or lack there of, in Zen (FX2) is laughable.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.