BlahCade Podcast #5 - Two Years And Counting

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
For your listening consideration...our 5th podcast is up and available now!

For those that just want to click and listen, go here.

For those interested in subscribing to the RSS feed, go here.

And finally, check out our new iTunes download! Go to the store, select podcasts, and look up "The Pinball Arcade Fans Barcade Podcast". Or just click here!

In this episode, we wish TPA a happy 2 year anniversary, discuss what is 'value' in software, and talk the cancellation of Season 3's season pass in Lost In The Zone. Also included are our usual segments of TPA on Android news, the mailbag, and other bits of nonsense. This pod's cast includes Jeff, Jared, Sean, Noid, Bonzo, and Shutyertrap.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Listened to the first 35 minutes or so on the subway on the way to work. So far so good! Thanks for making the ride more tolerable! Sean kind of sounded like Robocop with the way his voice was coming through too. Sort of metal sounding! I wish I could walk around sounding like that all the time!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Listened to the first 35 minutes or so on the subway on the way to work. So far so good! Thanks for making the ride more tolerable! Sean kind of sounded like Robocop with the way his voice was coming through too. Sort of metal sounding! I wish I could walk around sounding like that all the time!
That's the ****ty microphone on my headset. I don't actually sound like that in real life.

If it's bad enough that I'm sounding like Robocop in the podcast, it's time for a replacement. So if anyone has recommendations for a professional-grade headset that has both high-quality speakers and a high-quality mic, I'm taking suggestions.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
That's the ****ty microphone on my headset. I don't actually sound like that in real life.

If it's bad enough that I'm sounding like Robocop in the podcast, it's time for a replacement. So if anyone has recommendations for a professional-grade headset that has both high-quality speakers and a high-quality mic, I'm taking suggestions.

I thought it was cool. I would keep it, personally. I can't stand hearing my own voice so I would welcome anything that changes it. It would be cool if someone could do the podcast with a guitar and talk box ala Frampton, Walsh, etc.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
My Podcasts app on the iPad grabbed the new episode this morning and downloaded it, so at least the iTunes side of it should be functional.

EDIT: And thank you netizen for the link.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I've checked it in the RSS Reader I have the feed synced in, and there is no new podcast shown.

Weird. The new podcast was in the RSS for me as soon as I uploaded the mp3 last night. It also appeared instantly in iTunes, which uses the RSS to grab the episode list. As SYT said, you can test the feed by opening the RSS link in a browser: you'll see the new episode is right there at the top, which means the feed is working as it should.

Last edited:
N

netizen

Weird. The new podcast was in the RSS for me as soon as I uploaded the mp3 last night. It also appeared instantly in iTunes, which uses the RSS to grab the episode list. As SYT said, you can test the feed by opening the RSS link in a browser: you'll see the new episode is right there at the top, which means the feed is working as it should.

According to my reader the feed was just updated under an hour ago, so take it for what it is

pinball.png

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm about halfway through.

Jeff, has anyone ever told you that you sound a little like LevelCap?

Ha, I haven't heard that one yet.

@net: glad to see it finally updated for you. The XML file, which is itself "the feed", updated instantly when I uploaded the mp3 last night and hasn't changed since, so I'm not sure why it took your program so long to catch up. Maybe a caching issue or something.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.