Untapped movie/tv pinball tables

Illuminosopher

Apr 12, 2012
What are some movies/tv licenses you would have liked to have seen as pinball tables, for me it would be

Night of the Living Dead with Dawn coming after it.(the originals of course)
Hunt for Red October
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Sherlock Holmes (books or Jeremy Brett)
Psycho and the Birds perhaps just a strait up mishmash of Alfred Hitchcock films
Dr. Strangelove

And just because it's an interest of mine there are a lot of anime I would love to see made into pinball but I wont go into a list of them.

how about you?

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think a table based on the Bruce Campbell series "The Adventures of Brisco Country Jr" would have been great.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
There's an existing thread about this in the Real Pinball section, with lots of good suggestions.
There are also two interesting threads about technological innovations we'd like to see. They're under "what would pinball be like today if the industry hadn't crashed," and "if you were a pinball designer. . ." The latter includes links to technology that has been developed, but not yet implemented, including an LCD monitor that sits right on the playfield, and can track balls as they pass over it.

Illuminosopher

Apr 12, 2012
There's an existing thread about this in the Real Pinball section, with lots of good suggestions.
There are also two interesting threads about technological innovations we'd like to see. They're under "what would pinball be like today if the industry hadn't crashed," and "if you were a pinball designer. . ." The latter includes links to technology that has been developed, but not yet implemented, including an LCD monitor that sits right on the playfield, and can track balls as they pass over it.

My bad, I even looked to see if there was a post like it before I posted but didn't see it.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
What are some movies/tv licenses you would have liked to have seen as pinball tables, for me it would be

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Monty Python would definitely be a great choice. There are SO many sound clips they could grab that would fit a pinball game perfectly!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Monty Python would definitely be a great choice. There are SO many sound clips they could grab that would fit a pinball game perfectly!

We have something very close - Medieval Madness has received a lot of inspiration from Holy Grail, particularly the obnoxious Frenchman, as well as the catapult slam. It would still be nice to see a true MPHG table, since not only the sound clips, but the mission structure also lends itself well. Imagine a Black Knight mission, where each shot would lop off a limb, or a Knights that Say "Nee" frenzy.
A MP table based on Flying Circus would be great too. I'd love a mode played to the "Lumberjack Song", and they could probably come up with some innovative uses for SPAM too.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I would love to see It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World be made into a pinball machine. There are plenty of awesome moments that can be used as jackpots or superjackpots as well as the money theme that could also be used for big scoring. The movie also has a very distinct sound track and some decent sound bytes.

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
Off the top....pop culture pinball?

30 Rock
True Blood

Both have lots of characters and would be great at attracting new people to an old game.

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
Top choice has already been said. I really can't think of anything better than Bruce Campbell, Army of Darkness is such a quote factory its more like a movie that was made from a pinball game.

Scooby Doo and the Jetsons are both classic no brainer games I think

Most any Pixar movie would be excellent, Incredibles, Toy Story and Wall*E would be my top pics...though Im sure they would do Cars instead of any of those.

Firefly/Serenity

Pink Floyd

Ghostbusters would have been perfect if released in '93

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Not an obvious choice but I think a Big Bang Theory theme has great potential. Its a little old now but a Buffy the Vampire Slayer table based on the tv show, not the movie, would have been cool when the show was still on.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Burn Notice would make a great table too. I wouldn't mind a Buffy table either, but the odd thing is that there are now comics with involvement from Joss Whedon that continue where the series left off. What I read of "season 8" is kind of a mixed bag, though. There's also season 9 comics coming out.

Last edited:

Jay

May 19, 2012
The new Sherlock series could make a great table. An oldie that could be awesome is Patrick McGoohan's series The Prisoner. The Rover (that big white balloon) could make a fun toy on the playfield, and the series has lots of great sound bites.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Another table concept that would work is Harry Potter. I'm surprised it hasn't already been licensed. It seems like it would be a natural.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
An oldie that could be awesome is Patrick McGoohan's series The Prisoner. The Rover (that big white balloon) could make a fun toy on the playfield, and the series has lots of great sound bites.

I loved this show! Maybe they could have a special white ball like the gumball/powerball from Twilight Zone to represent it.

"The Walking Dead".

A "Where's Carl?" mode is a natural.

I literally laughed out loud at this. Carl needs to be tied down or something.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Maybe they could have a special white ball like the gumball/powerball from Twilight Zone to represent it..

I was thinking something along the lines of Cirqus Voltaire, with a big white ball in a cage that would deflect the pinball, or maybe even get loose on the playfield. There could be an upper playfield where Number 2's iconic domed building could be the main target. So many other possibilities: the stone ship, the chessboard, the taxis.... It could be lots of fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts