Leaderboard filtering Poll

Should Leaderboards be filtered based on platform?

• Do nothing - happy with current leaderboards showing all platforms combined (except 360).

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Have completely separate leaderboards for each platform - no option to see other platform scores.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Combined platform leaderboard with a filter option to order results based on platform.

Votes: 25 55.6%
  • Have a configuration option in main menu to determine which platforms appear in leaderboard.

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
What are your thoughts for filtering of leaderboards based on platform. Currently the XBox 360 is the only platform with a separate leaderboard.

Given the ever increasing number of variables in set ups, getting scores filtered per platform is much in need.

Propose Option 3 : automatically defaults filter to your own platform. If can't easily be detected then set it in options config like in (4).

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
They should definitely have a platform filter mixed in with the friends and personal rank options.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Should just be. All Platforms, My Platform, Friends. Do we need anything other than that really?

Maybe the weekly and monthly filters are used by FS to see how many players play on each table (per week and per month), and to make some statistics (popular tables, unloved tables, etc.).

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
bumping this as only 20 votes so far :(

last poll about TPA ages got over 280 votes. This topic feels more important. Opportunity to give a useful feature visibility to the FS devs.

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
considering the difference in each platform (my avg TAXI score on tablet is around 7 mil and first try on PC was 17 mil) some filtering would be a good idea. What exactly, not sure. Maybe something configurable.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Since they already show the *general* platform type in the combined leaderboard (at least on PS3/4), you wouldn't think it'd be too hard for them to add a filter for that at least. : )

invitro

May 4, 2012
I would be happy for just the website leaderboards to show the platform. Surely it is in their database table, and there is plenty of room for it on the webpage. It should be a change to only one line, and when I was a programmer I would have estimated 5 minutes to fix it... at $120/hr that's $10.

I would also like to see the date the score was made. Don't know how likely that is to be in their table... it should be.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I never use the website leaderboards and it would be a pain to find friends scores too. With the friends bug on steam fixed and platform filtering - it would be a major improvement.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I would be happy for just the website leaderboards to show the platform. Surely it is in their database table, and there is plenty of room for it on the webpage. It should be a change to only one line, and when I was a programmer I would have estimated 5 minutes to fix it... at $120/hr that's $10.

I would also like to see the date the score was made. Don't know how likely that is to be in their table... it should be.

A code monkey getting $120 an hour? Where exactly did you work? I get that in a day...

Feb 19, 2014
I'm really torn on this.

On the one hand, it would be nice to see where my scores rank next to just other iOS players.

On the other , that makes the competition much less. On a table like Attack from Mars for instance, I'd be going up against only say 10,000 people versus 40,000.

On the -other- hand, I'm at sort of an unfair advantage versus PlayStation 4 and PC users, because I'm using a phone or pad that doesn't has touch controls.

On the -other other- hand, controllers are coming for ios7 (already out actually but in waiting for Madcatz one that looks really good), making this a moot point.

I have top 20 on a few boards, wouldn't it be something if I were actually too 5 iOS player :)

Idk, I'm undecided right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts