I kind of feel cheated about hacked roms

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Why? I spent $3.99 on SS's pro-mode and FS is allowed to bascially hack it and take out images as well as voice samples. Again I went to VP and played it. I thought Bally/Williams didn't approve of their roms being altered? Well aren't they? Really there isn't much that any underage kid would hear (if anything) that would shock the crap out of him in any other modded rom and there sure isn't here. I mean penis jokes...from a woman...come on! This is all that I will say. I didn't know the whole season 1 would be released for $9.99 or I would've bought that. Just feel a litttle miffed. My God! A T or M rating would actually make them more money or am I wrong on what sold the most last year and just about every year? I know you're all gonna say it was an approved hack, but a hack is a hack is it not? That's it and they wonder why the pro modes don't sell. I mean she says a couple things on EATPM.....I shouldn't have said that. Shhhhhhhh! Have a great day and good head is my favorite too! :rolleyes:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Did you remember to turn operator's mode on each time you go into Scared Stiff from the table selection menu? It turns itself back off each time you exit the table.

I've played a lot of both the real Scared Stiff and TPA's version of it, and I'm not aware of anything missing from the TPA version as long as operator's mode is on and family mode is off.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
They removed images and samples and this "After Dark" thing will probably never happen in my lifetime. Where's the shrunken head? Whatever I am not buying a pro-mode ever again. If you look in the archives you can see what's taken out.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Yeah, I mean, unless FS just doesn't want a T for Teen rating, I don't see the reason to hold anything back, considering all the far more adult content available in games today. And all we're talking about is staying true to the original.

That said, I'm not sure if the particular arguments leveled here are legit or just hearsay.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
They removed images and samples and this "After Dark" thing will probably never happen in my lifetime. Where's the shrunken head? Whatever I am not buying a pro-mode ever again. If you look in the archives you can see what's taken out.

All the animations and all the dead heads and the pulling the extra ball from her cleavage and the stiff in the coffin samples are there when you turn family mode off. They didn't hack the rom they saved a known state with family mode on. You weren't cheated you just need to turn family mode off.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
May as well check out the redundant thread you started about this. Sean answered your question about what you're doing wrong

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
There were several additional heads and animations that were cut from the production game due to space limitations in the hardware, but it's possible the VP version you are playing is a prototype ROM or one in which all the cut stuff was reinstated.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.