When can we expect the next PS4 patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warped Trekker

Dec 26, 2013
Sound quality is just horrible, because the game is stuck on low quality sounds. I just haven't been playing it because of this issue.

Game needs several things improved, IMO, if they are trying to preserve these tables....

1. sound quality.
2. top glass.
3. back glass.
4. New graphics engine for PS4.
5. More realistic lighting. (darker room, and more vibrant table lights with reflections)
6. Changeable wall environment. The wall that the tables are standing against is pretty poor texture quality. Although not as important as the table itself, if you are going to have a wall, needs some detailed sharp textures.
7. Higher quality rescanned artwork for several tables needed.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
4&5 ? I thought PS4 version was supposed to have best graphics and lighting of all platforms?

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
All I want is the sound fixed and more tables and I'm good to go. For the tables though I can wait, I would rather have good quality over quantity, but the sound needs fixing really bad, oh and the Flipper buttons so you can pick which buttons to use as flippers and I'll be very happy.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I just hope Farsighted gives the PS4 the "Mega Patch" treatment.
I'll be happy just as long as it has all of the fixes and tweaks that are being made on the PS3 including stereoscopic 3D.

Darrell Harding

Mar 28, 2013
It does currently. Don't know what he's talking about with the "new graphics engine for PS4" statement, either.

I think he means a more optimized version for next gen/PC since there is no doubt the ps4 version is running a ported version of the current ps3/PC engine with exactly the same textures and table art, it isn't really built from scratch for ps4 and isn't really highly optimized since the ps4 version has random slowdown and stutter

bluenose79

Mar 1, 2013
All I want is the sound fixed and more tables and I'm good to go. For the tables though I can wait, I would rather have good quality over quantity, but the sound needs fixing really bad, oh and the Flipper buttons so you can pick which buttons to use as flippers and I'll be very happy.

I couldn't agree more :)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I just hope Farsighted gives the PS4 the "Mega Patch" treatment.
I'll be happy just as long as it has all of the fixes and tweaks that are being made on the PS3
Pretty sure the PS4 version already has most of those.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Where did the ray traced ball go? Is what we have now per-pixel lighting? People want true 1080p textures and assets. Probably never will happen. They could've started on this a long time ago with a high-end PC and then port it to the PS4, Oh well Zen didn't either, but I bet they eventually will.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I definitely think the lighting can be improved many times over what we have now. Its a notable improvement and does have a "wow" factor on some tables, but its far from realistic.

Its very much like Unreal Tournament to me, where an area would glow a given colour but you couldn't pin point exactly WHERE the glow was coming or what was supposed to be casting the light.

It feels odd that on hardware that FINALLY can produce realistic looking raytraced lighting, we get something so unrealistic. I realise that "technically" this is the first time the hardware was powerful enough to render enough light sources to implement light coming from every virtual bulb, but it seems almost like a wasted effort if it doesn't "feel" like a bulb is actually casting that light.

Technology for technologies sake is not everything. Pro Pinball felt more realistic by just pre-rendering everything and swapping out the relevant sections of the screen for fully raytraced lighting.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

I haven't tried the PS4 TPA tables yet, but a friend of mine grabbed season 1 and has been describing a lot of what I've heard should be addressed with the Mega Patch such as the scorch mark and bugs on Black Knight for example.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I haven't tried the PS4 TPA tables yet, but a friend of mine grabbed season 1 and has been describing a lot of what I've heard should be addressed with the Mega Patch such as the scorch mark and bugs on Black Knight for example.

Doesn't Black Knight still have scripting problems on all platforms?

---stone---

Dec 23, 2013
The lighting is pretty good, but there can always be improvements. Same with graphics. While they're pretty good now. Every new table that comes to the ps4 should look better than the ps4 season one tables. I expect, or hope, that season two tables will look better, if even a little better that season one tables. Season three tables should look better than season two and so on.

Older tables can always use a boost to freshen up thing up lighting and graphics wise. Same with minor adjustments/tweaks. One minor example is Genie on the ps3. It used to be a bright washed out hot mess of a play field. 2.19 fixed that. Genie's play field is much more pleasing on the eyes. Its been toned down.

To bring up ps4's version of Cirqus Voltaire. It could use an update. Whats missing from the ps3 version is the various colored menagerie balls and that appropriate colored lighting. Which would also effect the lighting in the game. In the ps3 version, if you have a blue menagerie ball and blue track lighting... you would have the side of Ring Master's head flicker with the blue track lighting and blue light illuminate the immediate area. (and so on with the other colored balls and track lighting). Last I know Floppy was going to run it by the Art Department about that. Havent heard anything, but hope its slated to implement at some point.

I also prefer the ps3's CV play field over the ps4 version of CV's play field. Its a "your mileage may vary" thing. With that said I would love to have custom option adjustable sliders on how bright or how dark you actually want the play field, or various things in the play field. Perhaps you want the art work bright and vivid and the rest of the play field fairly dark, or vice versa. Perhaps you want the top part of the play field darker and the middle and bottom part towards the flippers slightly brighter.

Also an adjustable slider on how bright, or how dark you want to illuminate your table with the tables lighting. The lighting on the play field you could adjust and the lighting on the lamps, the lighting in the table props/toys and whatever else flickers, blinks would have a separate slider scale to adjust. You could have a darker play field top of the table, more luminous lighting top of the table and more mellow lighting bottom part of the play field. You could also have a hexadecimal color scheme to choose for custom play field lighting, custom prop/toy lighting, general ambient lighting. Whatever flickers, blinks, strobes, lights up... you can custom color those lights with a hexadecimal color palette.

I think it would be far more easier to to on pc and ps4 than the ps3. I think it could work on the ps3 on a lesser scale... if ever such a thing were to be implemented. Pretty awesome and hell of an update (which I wouldnt mind paying for over all or table to table with those custom options)... and then those in 3d? whew man [profanity] awesome...which the ps4 would need 3d update too. Or unless gone the route of how Zen does their 3d on the ps4 with their tables.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Would ps4 even need a patch? The whole point of the ps3 patch is to redo the entire game so updates to tables can be made without patches but rather re downloads. The ps4 already has that feature from what I understand so a mega patch wouldn't be needed.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
My impression from something they said a while back was that the PS4 version still uses the same DLC/update/patching methods, it's just that now they know they can DO a megapatch-style update to work around the no-DLC-patches limitation. I could be totally wrong about that, though. I guess we'll have a better idea once we get the first PS4 DLC.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012

The PS4 version still has a bunch of bugs that they didn't even bother to fix before selling it to us again. Add in sound quality problems. Then low quality artwork etc...
The PS4 version is definitely better, but it isn't as impressive as it should have been and I definitely wouldn't call it "good".

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
The PS4 version still has a bunch of bugs that they didn't even bother to fix before selling it to us again. Add in sound quality problems. Then low quality artwork etc...
The PS4 version is definitely better, but it isn't as impressive as it should have been and I definitely wouldn't call it "good".

Yep. Mediocre at best. Hopefully by March 31 we will get a patch and a new table.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

Have you ever called anything "good"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online