How exactly am I supposed to use the Pro Mode?

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I searched for info on this. I turn on the operator settings and open the coin door. I then naviagte to feature adjustments and turn off family mode (Scared Stiff). I then hit escape until I am out of the rom. I then turn off the coin door and play, but I don't get any extra samples or images. What am I doing wrong?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I searched for info on this. I turn on the operator settings and open the coin door. I then naviagte to feature adjustments and turn off family mode (Scared Stiff). I then hit escape until I am out of the rom. I then turn off the coin door and play, but I don't get any extra samples or images. What am I doing wrong?
You're turning off the coin door. It has to be left on for the table to be in pro mode, otherwise it starts a normal game.

Also, whenever you launch a table from the menu, it starts with the coin door off. You have to go in and turn coin door back on if you want to play in pro mode. (It does remember your settings, so you won't need to turn family mode back off.)

I've been trying to get FarSight to include some sort of visual indicator (perhaps the Start button turning a different color) to better communicate to the user what mode the table will start in. Perhaps when the new UI is rolled out we will get this feature.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
(It does remember your settings, so you won't need to turn family mode back off.)
Actually the PS4 version currently does NOT save any settings made in Pro Mode, due to a bug. So you have to re-enter them each time you go to a table if you want them to be active.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
OK Thanks guys. Why a real operator would leave the coin door open is beyond me. Oh and Family mode being set to its default setting still prohibts you from the leaderboards? That also baffles me as it doesn't affect difficulty at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.