So TPA is coming to Xbox One in June (hopefully)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I am going to believe it once I see it. I am guessing it will probably be at least another month or two

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
The article is saying some of those games are coming in the next few weeks, not every game on that list. Im sure it will be a little longer before PA is on X1 considering we havent heard much about it yet.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
From Facebook...

Hey everyone! We are here at GDC and Microsoft has officially announced that Pinball Arcade will be included in the list of Indie games released on Xbox One! We are aiming for a early June 2014 release of both Season One and Two.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Good news for xbox one user and good news for all of us.
The more platform, the more users, the more farsight can keep on making pinball ^^

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
The definition of indie game is getting more and more blurred. There's a Zen Studios game on that list. A company that has made an officially licensed Star Wars game can hardly be called indie...

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
The definition of indie game is getting more and more blurred. There's a Zen Studios game on that list. A company that has made an officially licensed Star Wars game can hardly be called indie...

Indie these days usually means self published and/or self funded.

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
Hey Mike, Microsoft has a well-publicized clause that requires release date parity for PS4 games in order to launch a XBone version. While TPA was excluded from this policy since it was announced for the PS4 so early, does the clause prevent you from releasing future DLC content (and patch improvements) on the PS4 before the June XBone version comes out?

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Good news for XBone fans.

Kind of lame that they immediately get Season 2 though, and PS4 owners still have no new tables at all, with nothing from Season 2 in sight. Only the first couple from Season 3... maybe... in April. :/

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Xbone was rushed out. MS were caught napping. Not impressed at all. They will need something ground breaking in the realms of Kinect or VR to tempt me. Sticking with steam for TPA. Xbox hasn't been on in a long time...... which is a shame as I used to love playing TPA on it.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Hey Mike, Microsoft has a well-publicized clause that requires release date parity for PS4 games in order to launch a XBone version. While TPA was excluded from this policy since it was announced for the PS4 so early, does the clause prevent you from releasing future DLC content (and patch improvements) on the PS4 before the June XBone version comes out?

Don't know the details of the business side.

We didn't even have the opportunity to ship on Xbox One at the same time since we didn't get a dev ID or hardware until just recently. As far as future dlc releases, not sure what the policy will be yet.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Congrats, guys! Now please, don't forget about your PC customers and do some swish stuff for them, too. Lighting update and more precise flipper control should do for the time being ;)

Damn, i just realised... feedback triggers for flippers could have the potential to feel AWESOME.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Xbone was rushed out. MS were caught napping. Not impressed at all. They will need something ground breaking in the realms of Kinect or VR to tempt me. Sticking with steam for TPA. Xbox hasn't been on in a long time...... which is a shame as I used to love playing TPA on it.

Both PS4 and Xbone were rushed out. I have both and there's a lot of stuff incomplete. A lot of the stuff on both is half baked and you can bet both have been working hard trying to get feature parity with each other.

Hell, the only "most complete" console is the Wii U. At least its software is more mature.

To be honest, PS3 and Xbox360 have way more features than the PS4 and Xbone. And even at launch, a launch 360 and PS3 were way more functional than PS4 or Xbone.

They're way too premature right now. Maybe by holiday 2014 they're both going to be more stable, more feature complete and less half-assed and half-baked.

Right now, the consoles are barely "beta" quality.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Both PS4 and Xbone were rushed out. I have both and there's a lot of stuff incomplete. A lot of the stuff on both is half baked and you can bet both have been working hard trying to get feature parity with each other.

Hell, the only "most complete" console is the Wii U. At least its software is more mature.

To be honest, PS3 and Xbox360 have way more features than the PS4 and Xbone. And even at launch, a launch 360 and PS3 were way more functional than PS4 or Xbone.

They're way too premature right now. Maybe by holiday 2014 they're both going to be more stable, more feature complete and less half-assed and half-baked.

My old computing teacher used to say that the first rule of computing was never buy version one of anything. It's a rule I stick to, been burned before, for example by getting a 3DS at launch. Price dropped a huge amount only a few months later.

Feb 19, 2014

I have no issue with the ps4 OS. It is very smooth, fast, and easy to understand.

I would like to see iPhone/pod music support. Other than that, I'm a happy camper.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts