FarSight Should Have Gone To E3 This Year And Unveiled Four High Profile Tables

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
If FarSight had planned ahead, they could have gone to E3 this year and possibly unveiled at least four previously unannounced high profile tables and possibly have shown off Attack From Mars and Monster Bash. Also, they could have revealed some newly acquired licenses (which may have included both Elvira tables) and could have even announced that The Twilight Zone would be available on The Pinball Arcade by the end of the year.

Aside from that, they could have had a pinball cabinet running The Pinball Arcade to wet the appetites of all the PC owners eagerly awaiting the PC release.

This sort of press would have been great for The Pinball Arcade and would have definitely helped boost sales, but maybe next year I guess...and their big announcements next year could be...Star Trek : The Next Generation and The Addams Family are both coming to The Pinball Arcade. :)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I hear they plan to show Pinball Arcade at next years E3 running on a European PS3!. Seems a bit far fetched to me :D

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I think the problem is that it cost literally millions of dollars to have a booth at E3. Back in the day, they could have had a booth at Kentia Hall, but that's a parking lot now. If FarSight needs a kickstarter for 55 grand, I'm thinking E3 is out.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Pax sounds like more of the venue indie developers can show of their wares. E3 needs a lot of investment to make yourself heard over the noise the rest of the industry makes. And yes, if they can afford E3, they can afford licensing for TZ.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
If FarSight had planned ahead, they could have gone to E3 this year and possibly unveiled at least four previously unannounced high profile tables and possibly have shown off Attack From Mars and Monster Bash. Also, they could have revealed some newly acquired licenses (which may have included both Elvira tables) and could have even announced that The Twilight Zone would be available on The Pinball Arcade by the end of the year.

Aside from that, they could have had a pinball cabinet running The Pinball Arcade to wet the appetites of all the PC owners eagerly awaiting the PC release.

This sort of press would have been great for The Pinball Arcade and would have definitely helped boost sales, but maybe next year I guess...and their big announcements next year could be...Star Trek : The Next Generation and The Addams Family are both coming to The Pinball Arcade. :)

Farsight planning ahead? :rolleyes:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Nah, FarSight would've been a very small fish in a very big ocean at E3. Not a good return on what would have been a very big investment.

If I were FarSight's marketing person (and it's probably a good thing for them that I'm not!), I would try to capitalize on TPA's realism and try to get it associated with some of the real-life pinball tournaments and/or players. Something to separate it from the Zen fantasy pinball concept; something that says "This is the game real pinball wizards play." Maybe travel to the PAPA tournament and unveil some high-profile tables next to their real counterparts and do a side-by-side showing off how close TPA really is to the real thing.

I think Bobby mentioned in his recent interview that they were looking at a tournament mini-tour, so maybe they're thinking along these lines already.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Although back in 03 or 04, I do remember seeing the PHOF Gottlieb Collection for the first time at E3. But of course, they were also part of the larger Crave booth back then. I remember thinking how awesome this was but was disappointed that it wasn't William's machines instead. Little did I know what was in the future.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I agree with the money assessment. E3 is just too pricey. However, I also think that Farsight's small team is so busy working on the game that marketing and advertising seem to take a back seat. I don't think they want it this way but look at how much word got out for TZ as a result of people on this forum. Whether through reviews or emailing gaming websites. We are marketing. :rolleyes:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I've been to E-3 on three occasions. Each time the show got bigger than the last time , and I cant see a tiny developer like Far Sight getting much press , publicity by wasting money at that carnival . They make a great Pinball Sim game , and their products will get enough word of mouth advertisement from guys and gals like us , and as long as their QA keeps up to the task, they will suceed .

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.