Really impressed with STTNG on PS4

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Having played most of the tables at least once so far the clear standout to me is STTNG. The lighting looks really good, like it has been more refined than most tables, and doesn't suffer from the over-bloom issues that some other tables have with the GI. The lighting on the inserts looks like its been tweaked to really nicely match the insert size. I'm wondering if this is a product of extra time being put into it since it was the demo table they to the the game shows for PS4 launch?

The gameplay on this table seems really well optimized too. All of the tables are playing very well but this one seems to be extra smooth. One thing that really has taken me by surprise is that I'm able to do some drop catches on STTNG! Not in every situation that they can be done on real tables mind you, but enough to be useful and worth attempting anyway.

I know how some people are with believing this kind of stuff, so I did save a capture video showing a bunch of drop catches, enough to show that it clearly wasn't a fluke. Unfortunately it seems that you're required to use Facebook if you want to upload it anywhere though (what happened to YouTube uploads like on PS3?). So unless someone can tell me of a way to get the file off the PS4 (can't get it onto a USB drive either - that's lame Sony) you'll just have to try it out for yourself. I tried drop catches on most of the other tables and haven't had any luck anywhere other than STTNG. Its at least encouraging that the PS4 build has the potential for this if the flippers are set up the same way on other tables.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the season 3 tables are going to be like on PS4 now.. and what improvements will be made to the existing tables down the line.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Saving to USB is supposed to be coming in a firmware update some time in the next few weeks, you will have to wait for that if you don't want to use Facebook.

Feb 19, 2014
Yes drop catches are now possible now. I can do them on Attack from Mars.

I haven't played much Star Trek yet (just got the ps4 about a week ago) but the tables I have been playing (Twilight Zone, Cirqus Voltaire, Theatre and AFM) are absolutely stunning in the dark. Especially Cirqus Voltaire: Wow! When I first got Neon Multiball I nearly fainted... Now why wasn't something similar done for Afm's Strobe Multiball I wonder?

Medieval Madness also looked pretty sick in the dark from what I saw.

I will definitely be playing some Star Trek tonight to see what you're talking about :)

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
Monster Bash and Ripley looks also fantastic in the dark.
Hope, that we soon will get the update and some new tables for the PS4.

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
Good to see they even managed to get the random software errors like the real pinball too!
You get the FULL experience. :D

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I know how some people are with believing this kind of stuff, so I did save a capture video showing a bunch of drop catches, enough to show that it clearly wasn't a fluke. Unfortunately it seems that you're required to use Facebook if you want to upload it anywhere though (what happened to YouTube uploads like on PS3?).

The Facebook thing is a drag at the moment, yeah. I've sort of worked around it by uploading to FB just long enough to save the video file (there are sites set up that let you do this, I forget what they are but just google it), then delete the FB post and post the video on YouTube. : P

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts