iOS - Bug Troll bombs used automatically

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
Noticed this on the latest iOS version (on iPad 3) last night -- although you can now use Troll Bombs, you don't really have much control over *when* they are used. Every time you shoot a Troll, all your remaining troll bombs will automatically be consumed.

Last night I got "3 Troll Bombs" as a Merlin's Magic award when Trolls was lit. After my first Troll hit, that troll was destroyed (as if it was three hits in succession), and the remaining troll had only 2 hits remaining. No troll bombs remained, even though I never pressed Launch.

On another game, I got a Troll Bomb via a combo during Troll Madness. Next time I hit a troll, it popped down, and then the other troll popped up -- and immediately down again, as if it'd been hit. Troll Bomb consumed again.

Anyone else seen this happen?

GDW

Mar 17, 2012
Yeah, I had this happen on my android device...I thought it was a glitch...the two Trolls dissapeared with only one or two strikes. I could be wrong...but I wondered exactly what you posted.

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
I've also noticed that in video mode, the first falcon is destroyed just after the mode starts. You're supposed to be able to press launch once during video mode to destroy a falcon (very handy when they take a child you can't reach), but instead it happens against your will at the start of the round. It's as if the switch for the launch button is permanently stuck on.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Noticed this on the latest iOS version (on iPad 3) last night -- although you can now use Troll Bombs, you don't really have much control over *when* they are used. Every time you shoot a Troll, all your remaining troll bombs will automatically be consumed.

Last night I got "3 Troll Bombs" as a Merlin's Magic award when Trolls was lit. After my first Troll hit, that troll was destroyed (as if it was three hits in succession), and the remaining troll had only 2 hits remaining. No troll bombs remained, even though I never pressed Launch.

On another game, I got a Troll Bomb via a combo during Troll Madness. Next time I hit a troll, it popped down, and then the other troll popped up -- and immediately down again, as if it'd been hit. Troll Bomb consumed again.

Anyone else seen this happen?

Must be the way Farsight is working around the lack of buttons in the control interface.

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
Must be the way Farsight is working around the lack of buttons in the control interface.

No, that's not it: on iOS there's now a launch button on the screen while playing intended to activate the Troll Bombs. It's just not much use when the Bombs get consumed automatically.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Found out that it is NOT fixed. How difficult can it be!?! It wouldn't really affect anything else and it really seems like they just forgotten about this issue.

karl

May 10, 2012
This is a bit frustrating I must admit. I am often a bit surprised by the passion (to put it mildly) some of us show when talking about what to me seems like tiny bugs (like every 50th time I play, the ball smacks off the table and therefore the game is broken etc). But to me this is a very annoying bug it has made a very hard table even harder than it has to be. I have still not completed Battle for the Kingdom on IOS because of that bug. And it should be easy to fix. The button for Troll bombs is there, but every time I touch the right flipper (miles away from the Troll button) Bombs away. Btw. is this a problem only on IOS?

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Hehe, yeah...Pinball is really not for the weak of heart (don't know why I still play it :)). But if you, like me, are really stubborn to make a certain goal (like BftK) you play game after game after game. Sometimes it takes you 15-20 minutes to get the point where you have the opportunity to actually achieve it, only to get it all ruined by a "through the flipper"-bug, bad luck or just bad playing. It's a long and difficult build-up just to get it ruined in a matter of seconds.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Still not fixed in latest december '12 update on ios. Trollbombs are used when using the flippers instead of the launch button.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Since this has been a known issue since a couple of months and it seems that it can't be that difficult to fix (I mean how could it?!). Do you think they will ever do anything about it?

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I discovered a way of overcoming this bug a bit:

1. Get the Master of trolls and don't mind if any troll bombs are actually used. You won't be able to control it anyway.
2. Use the right flipper to shoot the left troll target. It usually bounces back in a way that will allow you to shoot over and over (sometimes with the bounce off the left flipper).
3. In case you accidently activate Trolls, and this is the kicker. Let it roll down the right part of the loop, let it bounce on the right flipper and over the left one. Just after the bounce of the left, when the ball is at it top of inclination, raise the left flipper and cradle it.
4. Wait for the 30s to end.
5. Continue.

It is not all that easy but it works.

Duchess

Feb 16, 2013
I am guessing this is what's happening on my Kindle Fire HD. I have never seen that I even got bombs, but I have seen the beginning of the way to get them..the strike trolls a certain number of times to get bombs. Never got notice that I got any though. BUt I have noticed several times the trolls went away after only one hit...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts