BlahCade Podcast #6 - James Bondage (or, Pinball Fools!)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's been a little longer wait than usual, but we have a brand spanking new podcast for y'all!

Highlights include the ground shaking for shutyertrap and Jeff, a time when Chuck E. Cheese was sinister, Sean trying to convince us that 20 million is actually a really good score on RBION, Jarod doing a Dalek impression, and Time Lord being thoroughly embarrassed by the thought of S&M.

You can find the download for the podcast here.

If you would like the RSS feed, find it here.

Lastly, for all the Apple junkies, the iTunes version can be found here.

Happy listening!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
By the way, it looks like the RSS and iTunes feed haven't uploaded yet. We'll fix that as soon as possible.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Btw, we felt the quake up here in Big Bear. Ryan and I were both playing Day Z while on Skype, both of us stopped and looked to see if one of our pets were messing with our chairs. It was also hilarious when Ryan said over voice chat to another player to "hold on we're having an earthquake here" and the guy's response was "take some pain killers" (cause in day z your screen shakes if you are in pain).

For us it was just a rocking motion.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Btw, we felt the quake up here in Big Bear. Ryan and I were both playing Day Z while on Skype, both of us stopped and looked to see if one of our pets were messing with our chairs. It was also hilarious when Ryan said over voice chat to another player to "hold on we're having an earthquake here" and the guy's response was "take some pain killers" (cause in day z your screen shakes if you are in pain).

For us it was just a rocking motion.

We've been feeling aftershocks 4 days later. Had a 3.1 on Tuesday.

On Saturday, I had taken my son to go see the new Muppet movie. There is a scene in it where Gonzo does an "indoor running of the bulls". Exactly at the moment the sound system kicked in for the stampede, an aftershock hit! It ended exactly when the scene ended. God has a good sense of what makes for a good theatrical experience apparently!

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
We've been feeling aftershocks 4 days later. Had a 3.1 on Tuesday.

On Saturday, I had taken my son to go see the new Muppet movie. There is a scene in it where Gonzo does an "indoor running of the bulls". Exactly at the moment the sound system kicked in for the stampede, an aftershock hit! It ended exactly when the scene ended. God has a good sense of what makes for a good theatrical experience apparently!

The 4D experience. =)

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
It sounds like I'm gonna have don my best Easter bonnet and come up with a concise strategy on how I play Ripley's. As it is now it reads like the Tao of Jeet Kune Do. My strategy has changed vastly.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
It sounds like I'm gonna have don my best Easter bonnet and come up with a concise strategy on how I play Ripley's. As it is now it reads like the Tao of Jeet Kune Do. My strategy has changed vastly.

It would be great to get your take on Sean's and SYT's discussion. Perhaps as a reader feedback thing we could talk about. I know Sean always wonders if his segment hits the mark or is appreciated, so keep this type of feedback coming in for us.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
It would be great to get your take on Sean's and SYT's discussion. Perhaps as a reader feedback thing we could talk about. I know Sean always wonders if his segment hits the mark or is appreciated, so keep this type of feedback coming in for us.

From what I heard, concentrating on the various multiballs is probably what I would do as well on a real Ripley's. North America would definitely be the one to exploit as you can push that jackpot up to 2 million. All the continent multiballs get their jackpots increased by hitting the Vari-target but Africa and Antarctica are capped at 500k (i think, it may be a million). North America's jackpot can also be increased by the pop bumpers.(the Bigfoot value is also the jackpot value) The value for North Amer. doesn't reset until you lose your ball in single ball play (like going from ball one to ball two, for example) but the others reset more frequently. I think they reset at every new attempt at the continent or when you hit the idol or penguin loop to relight the jackpots. I don't know if the ROM used in TPA is the same as what you would find in the wild so that might make a difference. Overall what i heard is sound advice. And definitely avoid Europe.

I hope I made sense. I'm feelin' a little loopy and tired right now.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Latest episode is showing up in iTunes now. I emailed our host (Shout Engine) and they said it can sometimes take a day for Apple's servers to update. However, if you subscribe in iTunes then you'll get the latest episode right away because subscriptions load the feed from our host instead of Apple's server.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Hi All,

Only discovered your podcast (Ep. 5) the other day!!! (And I'm a long time TPA/TPAFF peep - Though been absent for a while).
I'm pleased I get another hit so soon :)

Enjoying the timed Tourney - though barely in Top 50 (Edit: 75!) last time I looked.
What's everyones' name in Tourneys? I set up a GameCenter handle thread AGES ago - but seems TPA & GC names often don't match.

On competition - I'm really hankering after multiplayer games where you play and then watch your opponents' game whilst waiting your turn. That'd be coooooool :)

HOW/Andy

PS. Appreciate the aftershocks comment as went through the Christchurch NZ quakes and afters!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.