Next DLC is Monster Bash and Gorgar

emb531

Mar 22, 2012
We're excited to announce that the new June tables for the Pinball Arcade will be Monster Bash and Gorgar!

Monster Bash is a fantastic table designed by George Gomez and released under the Williams label in 1998. The goal of the table is to awaken each of the 6 Universal monsters and use them to form a rock band. This table is currently #3 on Pinside's list of the top pinball tables of all time!

The iconic Gorgar was released by Williams in 1979. It was the first "talking" pinball machine with a vocabulary of seven words that could be combined to form different phrases. This table was designed by Barry Oursler with art by Constantino Mitchell, and is a true classic.

We know that many of our fans are eagerly awaiting the launch of the Pinball Arcade on the PS Vita and PlayStation 3 in Europe, and the release of DLC tables on the consoles. All of these have been submitted to the various certification authorities- we hope to have dates to announce very soon.

We'll try to get some videos of the new tables posted for you next week!

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
Yay..that means those of us on consoles won't see it for 3-4 months maybe?

But when you do, it will at least look a hell of a lot better. If you are as obsessed with this game as me, I would say get an Android tablet so that you are the first to get the updates... rumor has it that a powerful 7 inch Google Nexus tablet is releasing soon for only $250.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Never played Monster Bash. Really looking forward to it. Read a lot of great reviews, and checked it on on a you tube post. Looks like a blast. I never heard of Gorgar. Anyone want to give me their thoughts on that one?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Never played Monster Bash. Really looking forward to it. Read a lot of great reviews, and checked it on on a you tube post. Looks like a blast. I never heard of Gorgar. Anyone want to give me their thoughts on that one?

Gorgar is a cool table. Unless the idea of a demon inspired pin bothers you. :) Being that its from the early solid state era, it has primitive speech and Atari like sounds. Personally, I like the sound effects and find it very nostalgic. Gorgar wouldn't keep me playing for as long as MB will but its still fun to try now and then. No complaints here.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Wicked!!!

"'C' is for coffin and i dont even have a cough!"

Im predicting right here the next DLC after this will be..............Taxi and Attack From Mars/Dr. Dude

Hopefully some Data East tables will get some loving soon!

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Oh wow. First ToM, then MM, then CV, and now MB? I won't be able to fit in things like eating and sleeping if FarSight keeps this up! :p So many great tables, so little time...

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
GORGAR! Excellent. It's not as difficult as Black Hole (the lower playfield drives me nuts) but still challenging. One good ball can make a big difference and it's great if you want to play a quick game (not like the marathon games on the other tables). Can't stand the increasing heartbeat sound though.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Great news! I've seen a nice Monster Bash video on the Papa blog, looks like a really fun table with great flow, I can easily see this rise very quickly to my new top favourites.

And while Gorgar does feel a bit dated, it's still a lot of fun and I'm sure the art will look terrific on the new iPad :) I'm happy we're also getting older tables as well, as much as I love DMDs I sometimes just want a quick little oldschool alphanumeric one. Can't wait for Taxi, Whirlwind or even to FIGHT! AGAINST! THREEEEE! ENEMIES!

HOW

Feb 21, 2012

I like Gorgar too-Sucker for older SS tables.
Gimme Blackout and Kings of Steel :)

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Gorgar was my favorite of the older tables in PHOF and Monster Mash is just a Gaveyard Smash!

Members online

Members online