General interface and core game suggestions for upcoming patch(es)

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
Wanted to have a thread with specific focus on ^title, so Farsight can have a clean look at fans' suggestions/requests (keeping this about the core game and general interface, not individual table ideas/bugs).

I'll start us off:

_ CAMERAS _

- More camera options, especially for landscape view

- Consistent camera angles for cameras 1 through 4, across all tables, and/or

- Each table should "remember" the chosen camera view, so we don't have to constantly make that adjustment

- Button controls (X + Triangle) for portrait view

- On the fly switch between portrait and landscape (without need to quit game)

_INTERFACE_

- Remove the 'saved data' prompts, they're unnecessary

- Remove Press Start, and drop us straight into the main menu instead

- If possible to do on the Vita, add the feature to manage tables (add/remove)

- More convenient table selection menus, more grids, less scrolling (hint: Zen Pinball has it right)

- 'Restart Game' option during game play, instead of just 'Exit Game'

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Can't argue with any of those.

I would add the option to use front touchscreen to nudge, like Android and iOS, in portrait. Physical buttons and analog sticks are preferrable though.

Last edited:

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
thoes are good. id hate to sell myself short but... id be happy with just: in game music (like Zen), Xtrianglejoystick in portrait and working tables on release. hell, idc if the table is black and white, just make the ball have good frames/no jutter, please!

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I agree with your ideas DrPinball, but would make all controls completely mappable by the user.
The new Zen-like user interface in the other thread is worlds better than what we currently have. Looking forward to that.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
- Black Hole and Genie have perfect Camera 1, the closest any cameras get to the eye naturally following the ball on physical pinball table. Please implement that camera across all tables

- Add the button press option to end the countdown following pause

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
i dont like Zen portrait camera angles, they are almost all the same, only slightly different from eachother. *tilts 0.2°* *tilts 0.1°* grrr wtf...

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
i dont like Zen portrait camera angles, they are almost all the same, only slightly different from eachother. *tilts 0.2°* *tilts 0.1°* grrr wtf...

True that, it's all birds view. Luckily landscape is great, with 8 different options.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.