Zaccaria Pinball - Space Shuttle (1980) Bugs & Feedback

night

May 18, 2012
The main goal of Space Shuttle is to lift off the shuttle by shooting down the drop tragets, and once you did the first time, countdown number 5 gets lit, shoot all the targets again, 4 gets lit and so on and on.
But in the Zaccaria app you only have 1 ball to lift off the shuttle successfully... because once you loose your ball everything gets reset back to the point where you started off with.
Take a look at this yourtube from Space Shuttle:

At 1:40 the guy shoots down all the drop targets. But instead '5' gets lit, the whole row gets lit.. Now something interesting happens when he looses his ball at 6:35 with 1 drop target left: when a new ball enters the playfield the drop targets do NOT reset back like in the Zaccaria app, but remembers(!) he got 1 drop target left! As well as the table remembers the countdown numbers.
In other words, the Zaccaria app does not remember anything when you loose your ball, and so it is nearly impossible to ever lift off that shuttle.

night

May 18, 2012
It can be seen with this video as well, some drop targets are left, and he has countdown number 5 and 4: when he looses his ball and shoots a new ball up the playfield the table memorises the dropdown targets as well as the countdown numbers.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Yes confirmed Night.

- I noticed too that the shot down drop targets are not memorised by the table but get reset everytime.

- While watching the video i also notice there's also quite some respons from the bumpers which are placed at both sides of the center mushroom shaped bumpers, causing quite some bal interaction at certain times, this hardly occurs with the A.S.K version.

- And as a reminder i just want to mention again, there is no sound FX programmed for the (astronaut) bumpers who are situated at the sides of the tip of the wings.

Also theres hardly any bumper respons noticable on these bumpers as well when compared to the real Zac table.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
To Zsolt, just want to report again that the bumpers at the left side of the mushroom shaped bumpers are not reacting

night

May 18, 2012
To Zsolt, just want to report again that the bumpers at the left side of the mushroom shaped bumpers are not reacting

These are not slingshots. (see the playfiel lay-out on the manual: http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/3263/Zaccaria_1980_Space_Shuttle_Italian_Manual.pdf ) Or do you mean not scoring? They can use more rubber bounch.

Screen+Shot+2014-05-05+at+10.18.45.png

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Thats true but when watching the vid of the real table, theres much more bounce on them causing a nice dynamic interaction with the ball.

night

May 18, 2012
Does anyone know when the 'Shoot Again' light between the flippers get lit? Is this an extra ball function, and if it is, when do you get that extra ball?

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
To Night, the 6 drop targets at center play field must be completed 5 times to light the kickout hole/ extra ball. I am now listed as "not ranked" on this one after breaking the 1 mil barrier for the first time last night.

night

May 18, 2012
To Night, the 6 drop targets at center play field must be completed 5 times to light the kickout hole/ extra ball. I am now listed as "not ranked" on this one after breaking the 1 mil barrier for the first time last night.

Thanks Snorzel, you did very well with this table! I think it's one of Zaccaria's best.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Wish I could take credit for this game. I'm just obsessed with it and have nerded out on all the tables to the point I'm learning how they work.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Plunger issue, when the ball enters the plunger area it takes quite some time before its placed in front of the rod and is ready for plunging.

Last edited:

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I have a recurring issue with the ball getting stuck in the Special cup at the top center of the table. The ball fails to eject and then just rolls around in the cup when I try to tilt it out. This happens to me every four or five games.

night

May 18, 2012
I have a recurring issue with the ball getting stuck in the Special cup at the top center of the table. The ball fails to eject and then just rolls around in the cup when I try to tilt it out. This happens to me every four or five games.

Yes, same here.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.