Zaccaria Pinball - Winter Sports (1978) Bugs & Feedback

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
esadyqe4.jpg

Yes indeed they are spot targets who are supposed to add up points (do they ?) without dropping down.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Oh thanks for the clarification! I wonder why they aren't drop targets in the real table (I think mechanical switches are always attractive), maybe cost cutting decision...

74-89

May 2, 2014
Small ball gets stuck in kickout hole, it can't be dislodged and ball rolling sounds continues until attendant is called..

Thank you Zsolt for your help with the resetting issue.

Last edited:

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
The vertical yellow inlane / outlane dividers have some stray flashing textures on them - as does the little pin thing below left of the left hand one.

You can just about see it in the fly-by, but during play sometimes the pop bumpers start flashing, and so will these parts.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The scarring and dirtying effect of the "USED" mode is more extreme on this table than on others, making it hard to see the table artwork:

ISk8eB.jpg

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Sometimes when the ball exits the center kick out hole and passes through the spinner, the ball gets a sudden jolt of speed as it goes down through the spinner. This is especially bad if it's headed for the center drain as it gives you less the to react. Somehow the spinner seems to add some acceleration if the ball is moving down through it. It's caught me off guard a couple times.

EDIT: alright after more testing, it's not the spinner as the acceleration happens sometimes after the ball is already passed through the spinner. Something else is triggering this, but it only happens after exiting the kickout.

EDIT 2: just saw mikehg's post above. :)

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Sometimes when the ball exits the center kick out hole and passes through the spinner, the ball gets a sudden jolt of speed as it goes down through the spinner. This is especially bad if it's headed for the center drain as it gives you less the to react. Somehow the spinner seems to add some acceleration if the ball is moving down through it. It's caught me off guard a couple times.

EDIT: alright after more testing, it's not the spinner as the acceleration happens sometimes after the ball is already passed through the spinner. Something else is triggering this, but it only happens after exiting the kickout.

Jeff, was playing it yesterday and I thought I was going crazy but it definitely happens and usually drains down the center bc it's too fast to react to!

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014

Confirmed, same situation here .

74-89

May 2, 2014
Also, current version has the same kickout hole bug reported on Earth Wind Fire...

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...s-amp-Feedback?p=121792&viewfull=1#post121792

(ball is kicked even if it's fallen out of the hole)

Posted in hopes this gets noticed! Kickout hole sounds (and possibly scores) every time the ball gets near it, and the ball often gets kicked when not in kickout hole. Earth Wind Fire also still has random kicking happening when the ball isn't in the hole.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Posted in hopes this gets noticed! Kickout hole sounds (and possibly scores) every time the ball gets near it, and the ball often gets kicked when not in kickout hole. Earth Wind Fire also still has random kicking happening when the ball isn't in the hole.

+1... this is close to a table-breaking bug as the ball can be kicked even after it makes it all the way down to the flippers, and sometimes it can even be kicked a couple times in a row if it passed across the kickout twice in a short period of time.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts