Seasons?

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Hey all,
I know, well, I am sure this has been asked and answered like 100 times but I am tired and burned out and can't seem to find it, but my question is, how come there is only season 1 available for PS4? I just bought myself a PS4, and this is my first console ever. I currently have bought PBA for Droid and Steam and because it's PBA and no other game, I don't mind buying this game now for the 3rd time, but I am dismayed by the fact that only season 1 is available for PS4. Some of tmy favorite tables along with all the new tables that I have yet to enjoy on Droid, are not available to me. Are these coming soon? Is there a release dated scheduled? It kinda sucks that I can only play season one tables on my new PS4.

Oh and one other question. Has there been any talk about the possibility of having any tables done in 3D? I was playing some of the Zen tables that are in 3D on the PS4, and they are damn cool! I would love to see a few PBA tables done in 3D.
Looking to hear back!

Thanks!

John

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
Yes, you are slack as it has all been covered. But, here ya go mate
fish tales and black rose ready for you end April, approx. 22nd. Season 2 has not been submitted to Sony yet due to Microsoft bull****.3D is in the works, another words don,t hold ya breath.
PS4 is bloody awesome though, isn't it?
Andy

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Thanks Mate :) Yeah PS4 is amazing! I have never been a console person, always played PC games. But I recently bought a Sony 55in 4K 3D LCD HDTV..... Well, the likely progression was to get the PS4 which since it up converts to 4K on the TV, OOOOOOOOOOO BABY!!!! I have never seen such beauty! I downloaded Madden and I'm not a sports nut, but I heard it is amazing on PS4. I can only imagine on the 4K whats it's going to look like. I would say I would post screen shots but no screen shot / pic or otherwise would do justice to what a 4K TV looks like image wise. It's truly something to behold!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Hey all,
I know, well, I am sure this has been asked and answered like 100 times but I am tired and burned out and can't seem to find it, but my question is, how come there is only season 1 available for PS4? I just bought myself a PS4, and this is my first console ever. I currently have bought PBA for Droid and Steam and because it's PBA and no other game, I don't mind buying this game now for the 3rd time, but I am dismayed by the fact that only season 1 is available for PS4. Some of tmy favorite tables along with all the new tables that I have yet to enjoy on Droid, are not available to me. Are these coming soon? Is there a release dated scheduled? It kinda sucks that I can only play season one tables on my new PS4.

Oh and one other question. Has there been any talk about the possibility of having any tables done in 3D? I was playing some of the Zen tables that are in 3D on the PS4, and they are damn cool! I would love to see a few PBA tables done in 3D.
Looking to hear back!

Thanks!

John

[BEMUSED OLD MAN MODE]

PBA? I didn't even know there was a bowling game branded by the Professional Bowlers Association for the PS4! On this forum you'll find lots of people who like to play The Pinball Arcade or TPA as we sometimes like to refer to it.

Yes, you are slack as it has all been covered. But, here ya go mate
fish tales and black rose ready for you end April, approx. 22nd. Season 2 has not been submitted to Sony yet due to Microsoft bull****.3D is in the works, another words don,t hold ya breath.
PS4 is bloody awesome though, isn't it?
Andy

"Another words"? Really? Perhaps you might try "in other words". :D

[/BEMUSED OLD MAN MODE]

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
[BEMUSED OLD MAN MODE]

PBA? I didn't even know there was a bowling game branded by the Professional Bowlers Association for the PS4! On this forum you'll find lots of people who like to play The Pinball Arcade or TPA as we sometimes like to refer to it.

"Another words"? Really? Perhaps you might try "in other words". :D

[/BEMUSED OLD MAN MODE]

Nurse, please bring the old timer his medicine. :D

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Thanks Mate :) Yeah PS4 is amazing! I have never been a console person, always played PC games. But I recently bought a Sony 55in 4K 3D LCD HDTV..... Well, the likely progression was to get the PS4 which since it up converts to 4K on the TV, OOOOOOOOOOO BABY!!!! I have never seen such beauty! I downloaded Madden and I'm not a sports nut, but I heard it is amazing on PS4. I can only imagine on the 4K whats it's going to look like. I would say I would post screen shots but no screen shot / pic or otherwise would do justice to what a 4K TV looks like image wise. It's truly something to behold!

I'm holding off on Madden on PS4 till the next version, I think that's the one they will make amazing. FIFA is filling in the sports game gap quite nicely in the meantime.

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
[BEMUSED OLD MAN MODE]

[/BEMUSED OLD MAN MODE]

OOOOOOOOOOOOOK........ Got it... TPA! My bad, remind me to insure to use correct acronyms with the Bemused Old Man is in the house! LOL I will be sure to type correctly in the future! :)

I'm holding off on Madden on PS4 till the next version, I think that's the one they will make amazing. FIFA is filling in the sports game gap quite nicely in the meantime.

I played Madden last night for the first time, and, well, never having played on a console until the PS4 and never played Madden or any other sports type game (I'm a PC FPS gamer) I was pretty impressed with it. I actually rather enjoyed it. The game I am waiting for, which I pre-ordered, is MLB The Show. Now that looks amazing! Again, not being a console or sports game player, I have played a number of baseball type games on my Droid phone and my HP Slatebook X2 quad core tablet, and I always really enjoyed playing them. I can't wait to see what it's going to look like on the PS4, especially on my 4K Sony Bravia 55in LCD TV. I actually read on CNET that the 4K Bravia and PS4 is pretty much an unbeatable combo for gaming and the Bravia was hailed as the best TV for gaming all around. Needless to say, I am quite excited! That is why I can not wait for the other seasons to come out for "TBA" (which sounds like I am saying "To Be Announced!" lolol regardless I really can't wait for them to come out on PS4.

The only other thing I wish they would change in TBA for PS4 is to allow us to change the buttons for the flippers. I would much prefer to use L2 and R2, instead of L1 and R1. For some reason I find the current buttons to be tough on my fingers and they tire out much faster. Either way, Farsight did a killer job on the tables. Having played mostly on my Droid devices, and a few times on my Windows Laptop thru Steam, you really don't get a good look at the true detail of the tables like you can when you play on a 55in 4K TV. It is absolutely AMAZING! The tables are just beautiful!!! You can see EVERYTHING! All the detail is just stunning!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
OOOOOOOOOOOOOK........ Got it... TPA! My bad, remind me to insure to use correct acronyms with the Bemused Old Man is in the house! LOL I will be sure to type correctly in the future! :)

I played Madden last night for the first time, and, well, never having played on a console until the PS4 and never played Madden or any other sports type game (I'm a PC FPS gamer) I was pretty impressed with it. I actually rather enjoyed it. The game I am waiting for, which I pre-ordered, is MLB The Show. Now that looks amazing! Again, not being a console or sports game player, I have played a number of baseball type games on my Droid phone and my HP Slatebook X2 quad core tablet, and I always really enjoyed playing them. I can't wait to see what it's going to look like on the PS4, especially on my 4K Sony Bravia 55in LCD TV. I actually read on CNET that the 4K Bravia and PS4 is pretty much an unbeatable combo for gaming and the Bravia was hailed as the best TV for gaming all around. Needless to say, I am quite excited! That is why I can not wait for the other seasons to come out for "TBA" (which sounds like I am saying "To Be Announced!" lolol regardless I really can't wait for them to come out on PS4.

The only other thing I wish they would change in TBA for PS4 is to allow us to change the buttons for the flippers. I would much prefer to use L2 and R2, instead of L1 and R1. For some reason I find the current buttons to be tough on my fingers and they tire out much faster. Either way, Farsight did a killer job on the tables. Having played mostly on my Droid devices, and a few times on my Windows Laptop thru Steam, you really don't get a good look at the true detail of the tables like you can when you play on a 55in 4K TV. It is absolutely AMAZING! The tables are just beautiful!!! You can see EVERYTHING! All the detail is just stunning!

TPA. But good effort! :D

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Season 2 has not been submitted to Sony yet due to Microsoft bull****.

Can you please elaborate?
This the the first time I've heard of Farsight's season 2 delay on the PS4 having anything to do with Microsoft.

I figured it was because they were trying to sort out the issues with the distorted sound.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Can you please elaborate?
This the the first time I've heard of Farsight's season 2 delay on the PS4 having anything to do with Microsoft.

I figured it was because they were trying to sort out the issues with the distorted sound.

MS requires a 30 day exclusive on any release through their indie release program. They gave FarSight a pass on the initial PS4 releases so far because they were announced before the MS One indie program was announced. So the One will get the second season 30 days before the PS4 but the second season isn't ready yet. I'm hoping that it doesn't change the timing of the releases though. If MS has a new expedited process then FarSight could submit both consoles at the same time. MS takes 10 days for approval and Sony takes 5 or 6 weeks then the net result is MS gets their exclusive and PS4 owners get the tables at the same time that they would have anyway. Since the PS4 has gotten season three tables I guess MS is waiving the exclusivity until the game hits the One.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
MS requires a 30 day exclusive on any release through their indie release program. They gave FarSight a pass on the initial PS4 releases so far because they were announced before the MS One indie program was announced. So the One will get the second season 30 days before the PS4 but the second season isn't ready yet. I'm hoping that it doesn't change the timing of the releases though. If MS has a new expedited process then FarSight could submit both consoles at the same time. MS takes 10 days for approval and Sony takes 5 or 6 weeks then the net result is MS gets their exclusive and PS4 owners get the tables at the same time that they would have anyway. Since the PS4 has gotten season three tables I guess MS is waiving the exclusivity until the game hits the One.

Figures. I'm sick of Microsoft's ridiculous treatment of indie developers. It reminds me of Nintendo's 3rd party regulations in the 80's.
I have no idea why any developer would want to even release on the Xbone.

So now Farsight lets Apple dictate the reduction in PS4 sound quality, lack of Season pass, and now Microsoft dictates that PSN released DLC will be late. Why is it the best platform gets the worst support?!

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Figures. I'm sick of Microsoft's ridiculous treatment of indie developers. It reminds me of Nintendo's 3rd party regulations in the 80's.
I have no idea why any developer would want to even release on the Xbone.

So now Farsight lets Apple dictate the reduction in PS4 sound quality, lack of Season pass, and now Microsoft dictates that PSN released DLC will be late. Why is it the best platform gets the worst support?!

I was really upset about this when FarSight admitted that they would be bowing to the MS gods. I think I called for a boycott. Now I'm hoping that the differences in approval processes will mean that there's no actual delay for the PS4 users. But that's assuming that MS actually comes through with expedited approval process for indie releases. But I'm still mad at FarSight for giving into the bullies. I'm just not calling for a boycott anymore.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I was really upset about this when FarSight admitted that they would be bowing to the MS gods. I think I called for a boycott. Now I'm hoping that the differences in approval processes will mean that there's no actual delay for the PS4 users. But that's assuming that MS actually comes through with expedited approval process for indie releases. But I'm still mad at FarSight for giving into the bullies. I'm just not calling for a boycott anymore.

I don't see why it should matter at this point anyway. The game was released over 6 months ago and the DLC shouldn't be policed by Microsoft's unfair dictatorship practices.

I'm not sure why Farsight would want to get in bed with Microsoft once again after they were already screwed by them.

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
Microsoft and Disney, my two most hated companies for years, finally come together to annoy me in one place: TPA. Working as a spiteful tag team, one stops us getting Indy among other tables, the other delaying the release of tables we can actually have on PS4. Class acts all round.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I don't see why it should matter at this point anyway. The game was released over 6 months ago and the DLC shouldn't be policed by Microsoft's unfair dictatorship practices.

I'm not sure why Farsight would want to get in bed with Microsoft once again after they were already screwed by them.

I don't understand a lot but I understand why FarSight would do it. $

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.