PS4 NA Version 01.02 Changelog, Discussion & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Version 01.02 of The Pinball Arcade on the PS4 (NA) released on 04/21/14.

Changelog :

• ESRB rating splash screen updated.
• Trophies are now working on the NA Disc version.
• PS4 Leaderboards are back online...still no Friends Leaderboard filter.
• Season Three section added to the main screen.
• Fish Tales and Black Rose added and are available for purchase.
• 20 Season One custom ball skins added for those who purchased the Season One Table/Pro Pack...not yet available for separate purchase.
• Flipper control can now be changed in the Settings Menu by highlighting Flipper Control and pressing the X button on the controller to toggle configuration.
• Room Brightness and Flipper Control are now saved when you exit the game, however, the Room Brightness does not save on a per table basis.
• Pressing the Share button on the controller now pauses the game.
• All tables with Pro Menus are now in Table Exploration mode instead of Fly By mode when the Coin Door is open.
• Nudge bug on scripted tables fixed.
• Creases removed from playfield on Funhouse.
• Super Dog lamp art issue fixed on Funhouse.
• Ceramic ball skin added to Twilight Zone.
• 10 Billion changed to 10 Million on the big wheel on The Machine : Bride of Pin•Bot.
• Special lamp on the big wheel now illuminates on The Machine : Bride of Pin•Bot.
• Black shadow removed from playfield on Star Trek : The Next Generation.
• Draw order issue when ball rolls over the Boom Balloon lamp fixed on Cirqus Voltaire.

Last edited:

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Pro Mode still doesn't save. I think the audio's a touch better and there's an option to buy extra ball skins now. No trophies. So I guess it's the same as the PS3 version in that regard. Oh well the table screenshots look tempting, but I don't know. No friend leaderboard, sub-par sound, lack of trophies and that damn ancient UI is still there. So it's $10 for 2 tables or $10 for 4 with Zen and trophies and a better polished product. I mean we can't even fight for glory. By saying that I am referencing the lack of friend's leaderboards. Yes you can change flipper settings, but as PW said table lighting is not per-table save. Don't know yet if Night Mode lighting is better. Thanks again PW for the list. It still says various fixes! I forgot your change log included the ball skins. You guys know how I love my balls! ;)

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
No trophies.

Are you referring to the disc version because trophies were supposed to be working now for the NA disc version? Also, the audio fix didn't make this update unfortunately.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
No I meant there aren't trophies for S3 so I assume it will be like S2 where we had trophies until table pack #17. I only have the digital version. Sorry for the confusion.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Also the Creature bug is still present. You can see the ball moving across the PF after hitting the KISS shot.

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
Also the Creature bug is still present. You can see the ball moving across the PF after hitting the KISS shot.

present bugs doesn´t bother me too much, but:

- no fix of the really awful sound on PS4
- no friendship leaderboards
- no higher res graphics
- no new tables (even black rose and fish-tales were promised)..........................

Yet another fail.
And the best: no such update in Europe, the last update-file is still ver. 1.01

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
present bugs doesn´t bother me too much, but:

- no fix of the really awful sound on PS4
- no friendship leaderboards
- no higher res graphics
- no new tables (even black rose and fish-tales were promised)..........................

Yet another fail.
And the best: no such update in Europe, the last update-file is still ver. 1.01

The tables will be released when the store updates later in the day. Sony doesn't update this early! If you're talking about Europe's release date then it should be Wednesday. (I am just guessing because that's usually how it goes with tables.) I click under Season 3 and see Fish Tales and Black Rose, but I am in NA and yes those bugs you mentioned aren't fixed yet.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Nice to see you back, Pin Wiz. Thanks for the info. Looking foward to picking up FT and BR, even with the poopy audio. :)

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
And it's also quite possible the friend's leaderboard issues may also lie with Sony. What kind of sound do people think they should get from emulation? All I have is Linear PCM that can run at DVD quality. The tables sound like stereo and I can hear everything fine. What kind of audio are people running? I don't hear any hiss or stuttering in the audio. To me it sounds like it has always sounded. Just curious.

Drathro

Jul 28, 2013
Is BONUS still spelled wrong on the Genie playfield?

How about the DMDs on TOTAN and TOM, still not animated?

Last edited:

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Yes Bonus is spelled correctly multiple places. I have never heard of the DMDs not animating though, but they are. OK so I am bored. Anyone else want me to check something?

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
And it's also quite possible the friend's leaderboard issues may also lie with Sony. What kind of sound do people think they should get from emulation? All I have is Linear PCM that can run at DVD quality. The tables sound like stereo and I can hear everything fine. What kind of audio are people running? I don't hear any hiss or stuttering in the audio. To me it sounds like it has always sounded. Just curious.

Well, the sound is awfull: Extreme distorted and thin. Sound like coming out of a tin-box in the neighborhood.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

What FarSight said was that they loaded the more compressed mobile versions of the sound on the PS4 version.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
No trophies? I'm not keen on buying I'm afraid, I think the ps4 version should have blown people away, but it's hardly any different to the old consoles. Lighting. That's the only major difference.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
No trophies? I'm not keen on buying I'm afraid, I think the ps4 version should have blown people away, but it's hardly any different to the old consoles. Lighting. That's the only major difference.

Significantly reduced flipper lag, enhanced lighting and reduced jaggies are the biggest improvements that I've noticed over the PS3 version. The enhanced lighting, to me, could not be over sold though. The lighting is so much better than the PS3 that it alone is worth the price of buying new tables!

Vince

Nov 7, 2013
Oh man. Four months later - four months - and they forgot to fix the sound; I thought they said they just put the wrong files in the game from a mobile version (beggars belief), so how hard can this be to resolve? It's hard to believe that they even tested this game a single time before the release; how could you miss the sound anyway, just how is that possible?

I know it's not the end of the world, and I don't want to throw all my crayons out of the pram, but it is exactly this kind of thing that tells you way way much more about other competences and abilities to deliver.

I'm embarrassed to sound so childish and negative, but how can I be anything else.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Oh man. Four months later - four months - and they forgot to fix the sound; I thought they said they just put the wrong files in the game from a mobile version (beggars belief), so how hard can this be to resolve? It's hard to believe that they even tested this game a single time before the release; how could you miss the sound anyway, just how is that possible?

I know it's not the end of the world, and I don't want to throw all my crayons out of the pram, but it is exactly this kind of thing that tells you way way much more about other competences and abilities to deliver.

I'm embarrassed to sound so childish and negative, but how can I be anything else.

You really shouldn't keep crayons in the pram. They'll melt in the sun. And why would beggars believe this more than more fiscally solvent people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online