Chances of a drain

Jay

May 19, 2012
As others have noted, it seems that smacking Rudy causes a disproportionate number of ball drains down the left outlane. It seems like 60% of the time, the ball is lost. Does anyone know if that was the case for the real machine? It seems as if there shouldn't be that much of a penalty, since hitting Rudy is so essential to the game.

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
On several real machines I've played, Rudy was indeed a drain shot down the left outlane. But on iOS at least, it's a pretty safe shot. Makes it much easier to complete the Magic Mirror once per ball (and if you can do that, you can play indefinitely).

On the other hand, a Rudy Gulp (or locking it in Rudy to start Multiball) does drain down the left outline about half the time (again, on iOS).

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
I came across a YouTube video that I can't find now cos there are loads, may have been the PAPA quallys which does say Rudy hits are a prone to drains. It's part of the design.

So much so that the video mentions that Funhouse gives the ball back to the player if the score is zero and is the only machine at that time that did so.

Whether this is true or not, I guess only the designers know for sure

Jay

May 19, 2012
Ironically, I just played three games (two of them pretty lengthy) and not one Rudy hit produced a drain. I guess I got lucky.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I very, very rarely get drains off a Rudy Hit on my Kindle. However, the a shot into Rudy's mouth to start the Midnight Multiball is almost a guaranteed drain.

Tabe

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I had a good run of avoiding the drain from Rudy's mouth at the start of multiball by giving my ipad a good nudge when the ball is coming down the middle of the table, but even then my luck ran out after a while and I seemed to be nudging the ball into the drain.

Members online

Members online