PS4 NA v1.02 Master Bug List

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
General Game Bugs
1. Sound quality issues.
2. Initial entry background seems stretched out. Should have more rounded corners. (Photo)
3. Table music stops playing after you pause the game.

Table Specific Bugs
Creature from the Black Lagoon - Ball can be seen traveling under the playfield creature hologram after a KISS shot.
Twilight Zone - Right slingshot post is missing. (Photo)
Twilight Zone - Balls sometimes get stuck and won't drop into the gumball machine.
Twilight Zone - When starting the table, sometimes get a User:Score message.

Last edited:

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Low sound quality, No saved state for Pro Modes. Not really a bug, but lack of force feedback. CFTBL: Ball can be seen traveling under the playfield hologram still exists as well as the ball can be seen when shot into the snackbar traveling back to the whirlpool.
Twilight Zone: There is one ceramic ball in the gumball machine and one custom ball. When ball is shot into the gumball machine you can see the custom ball go in. So there's never more than 2 balls in the gumball machine. One ceramic and one custom. Have not tried with stock ball yet.

Last edited:

OmegaDef

Jan 30, 2014
Medieval Madness-Dirty shadow circle in middle of the playfield.

This always blew my mind. When I saw the first images of it I thought it had to be a mistake that would be fixed before release. I've learned to live with it, but it looks like a dirty catcher's mitt glued onto the middle of a piece of fine art.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Yea. The PS4 version of MM does has some weird lighting which is especially noticeable on the "dark" setting. The contrast between the really dark center playfield and the ultra bright sling shot area seems unnatural.

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
OK, a suggestion here, not a bug: Wouldn't it be an idea to be able to map the plunger to the touchpad? I find plunging with the sticks terrible, the pad would give much improved control (like on tablets). To be honest, I was surprised this wasn't implemented already, seems like a no brainer.

Apologies if this has been raised before!

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
OK, a suggestion here, not a bug: Wouldn't it be an idea to be able to map the plunger to the touchpad? I find plunging with the sticks terrible, the pad would give much improved control (like on tablets). To be honest, I was surprised this wasn't implemented already, seems like a no brainer.

I've only had to use the touch pad in one game so far, Mercenary Kings, and if how it works for trying to scroll the map in that game (awfully : P) is any indication, it would definitely *not* offer improved control over the analog stick.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

Its not a bad idea. The coding for the plunger is tricky as all hell, as my Dad would say. Let's say we number the pull back on the plunger from 0 to 100 with 0 being not pulled at all and 100 being all the way pulled back. Now let's say you pulled back to 100 then adjusted back a little to 88 to get just the right power and then you release. Keep in mind that the game has no idea when you release because there's no sense tech on the stick itself for the controller to know if you're released your grip or just pushing up. So as the game is polling the position of the plunger in my example, it might see numbers go by like 0,22,46,67,83,94,100,95,90,88,41,15,0. When did you release? It has to guess. Or in TPA's case it does an average. It might be more complicated than just a straight average. I always make sure to pause a bit at the power level where I'm going to release and then snap the stick up. I figure that gives it fewer numbers to average and might weight the input around the power level that I actually want.

However in your suggestion, the controller would know the release point because the touch pad is capacitive. That seems like it would actually work. Now, how do we get FarSight to do it? This is the company after all that hasn't added multiple controller support for consoles in two years.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Its not a bad idea. The coding for the plunger is tricky as all hell, as my Dad would say. Let's say we number the pull back on the plunger from 0 to 100 with 0 being not pulled at all and 100 being all the way pulled back. Now let's say you pulled back to 100 then adjusted back a little to 88 to get just the right power and then you release. Keep in mind that the game has no idea when you release because there's no sense tech on the stick itself for the controller to know if you're released your grip or just pushing up. So as the game is polling the position of the plunger in my example, it might see numbers go by like 0,22,46,67,83,94,100,95,90,88,41,15,0. When did you release? It has to guess. Or in TPA's case it does an average. It might be more complicated than just a straight average. I always make sure to pause a bit at the power level where I'm going to release and then snap the stick up. I figure that gives it fewer numbers to average and might weight the input around the power level that I actually want.

However in your suggestion, the controller would know the release point because the touch pad is capacitive. That seems like it would actually work. Now, how do we get FarSight to do it? This is the company after all that hasn't added multiple controller support for consoles in two years.

In all fairness, the plunger problem doesn't seem to be platform-specific. Works best on Android IMHO-with the 360 a close second.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
If you pause and resume the game, the table's music usually (~80%?) stops playing, and there will be no music until you do something that triggers a sound cue in the table's ROM. This happened only very infrequently in previous versions. Tested on: Attack From Mars, Twilight Zone.

I've reported it on their FB page here.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
On Harley Davidson if you shoot the right ramp a few times in a row the ball will shoot like a rocket down the left inlane on one of the subsequent ramp feeds.

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
When you pause the game, then you press share button, the game will unpause. Totally ridiculous.... Thats the fix for not pauseing the game after pressing share? Thats a jocke... Sorry FS, fixing bugs to create new ones....

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
When you pause the game, then you press share button, the game will unpause. Totally ridiculous.... Thats the fix for not pauseing the game after pressing share? Thats a jocke... Sorry FS, fixing bugs to create new ones....

Ooh, good find. If you want a workaround for now, just press Share without pressing Options first--Share *does* pause the game by itself now.

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
I know, but the problem is thats it does it after a second. So sometimes if you are holding the ball you will end up haveing the ball at the end of the flipper :/

Drathro

Jul 28, 2013
Not really a bug but annoying, the DMD below the backglass on TOM & TOTAN isn't animated like on other tables.

No vibration.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Hey I'm sorry Dratho I thought you meant the main dmd window. BR's looks yellowish on the boarders, but we have more pressing issues than that. It feels like the PS4 ,and from what I heard from a PC user, are going downhill fast. Bummer.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Another bug this time on SS. During multi-ball you can shoot the spider hole and the view changes to the backglass effectively killing your other ball.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I agree but if we're making a list it needs to be on there, the PS4 version should be perfect, it's the future after all.

Oh hey I am with you on that but they didn't due it right from the beginning and a lot more bugs have been cropping up that I see people abandoning TPA altogether. (At least on Sony paltforms.) If the next patch doesn't fix the majority of bugs then I am out also. I always wish the company good luch, but it's most popular on tablets and such so I don't see priority being the PS4 or any other console version. *sigh* I mean when's the last time Spoonman posted or Skillshot?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Another bug this time on SS. During multi-ball you can shoot the spider hole and the view changes to the backglass effectively killing your other ball.

That doesn't happen every time, does it? I haven't played it since the latest patch, but before that, both the PS3 and PS4 version would get the camera caught that way just once in a while--I don't know if there was some specific thing that caused it to happen some times but not (most) others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts