Hey You, With the Face! Step right up and cast your vote for the best Coaster around!

Comet vs. Cyclone vs. Hurricane

• Comet, 1985

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Cyclone, 1988

Votes: 56 69.1%
  • Hurricane, 1991

Votes: 18 22.2%

• Total voters

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
Which one of the three do you think is the best and the one you would most like to have available on TPA?

All tables were designed by Barry Oursler and published by Williams Electronics.

Last edited:

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I gotta go with Cyclone. I have played all 3 at pinball conventions and Cyclone is the one that stood out the most for me. Comet was nice, but I want replay value and that table just wouldn't offer enough for me. I couldn't stand playing Hurricane with the ramp going over the flippers and the rather gimmicky playfield toys.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
Cyclone seems to be the runaway favorite... I voted for it also.. just a great classic table IMO...

I want to hear from the guy who choose Hurricane!

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I voted for Hurricane, i love that table along with cyclone. The Clowntime on Huricane makes me laugh everytime i play it. I just hope all 3 of them come out on The Pinball Arcade, and call it the cony island collection. I know they don't do 3 games but in this case i think they should just for these.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
It's rare when a non-DMD takes down a DMD, but this is one of those cases. BTW, only the Cyclone is at Coney Island. There are/were Comets at Crystal Beach (moved to Great Escape) and Hershey Pennsylvania. I have no idea where Hurricane is/was.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I'm surprised Comet got any votes at all - it's extraordinarily inferior to the other two. Must be personal nostalgia.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Cyclone for me! I played that table a lot when I was at University. I played it too much actually.. :p

Ratvader

Jun 7, 2012
Lol glad to see the love for cyclone! I started a seperate thread before another poster linked me here.. Loved cyclone and it has huge replay value... Hope to see it brought it over! I would gladly pay for it seperatly, as in not packaged with other tables....

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
If they pick only one, I would like to see Cyclone. I remember liking Comet quite a bit, but it has been awhile since I played. I still need to play Hurricane, but it looks like the most cluttered of the three games.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I guess I'm one of the lone Comet fans. Though I like "You with the face," I like "Hey, turkey -- hit me!" more. IMO Comet has better action and better flow. I could play it all day.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I posted the following in another thread but it is my answer to this poll.

Comet will always be one of my favorites. There was a convenience store that I used to go by everyday that had Comet and I would play it almost every day. The guy that owned the store was an old German guy and he would say in his German accent "I'll never get rid of that game as long as you come in and play it every day!" And he didn't! But eventually I moved away. With my car filled to the brim with my stuff I stopped by the store on my way out of town and played one more game. I told the old man that I was moving out of state. He said "I'll call the game guy up and have him take that old machine out tomorrow." and then he flashed a cheesy grin at me as I left.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts