Who is planning on getting TPA for the XBox One?

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I really want to,but I don't want to see (or hear) the issues that are on the PS4 version. Regardless,at the very least - I plan to buy the game & at least a few tables. Anyone else?

phantomfriar2002

Apr 13, 2012
I'm in. Have waited to play Creature from the Black Lagoon since that "Williams Pinball" CD-ROM from many years back. I have the Android version of TPA but I want to play on my big-screen with my Xbox controller. Also if I'm going to invest $$ it's going to be on the Xbox One as opposed to the 360, even if the latter comes out first. I've waited this long what's a bit longer if it turns out to be the case :)

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
I will wait and see. If the Xbone version is as shiny as the PS4 version, with less issues, then I will. But if this is another "release beta now, fix (much) later" like the PS3 then I will pass.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I will as long as it is 1080p and on par with the PS4.

I'm telling you from actual experience, you do not want TPA "on par with the PS4". It's really not much better than any other platform, and nowhere near as good as it ought to be. You'll be waiting months on end for obvious bugs to be fixed, like the sound issue that FarSight has now sat on for nearly half-a-year and counting. Plus, the DLC is five months behind, and no one thought to restructure trophies.

The bad part of it all is if TPA on the Xbox One were on par with the PS3 version, it would still be better.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
If the One turns out to be a better platform for TPA then I will probably switch to it for TPA.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Better yet. Who is planning on getting an xbox one? No plans for me on this one. Surprising for me, but right now I am passing on the system.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I'm telling you from actual experience, you do not want TPA "on par with the PS4". It's really not much better than any other platform, and nowhere near as good as it ought to be. You'll be waiting months on end for obvious bugs to be fixed, like the sound issue that FarSight has now sat on for nearly half-a-year and counting. Plus, the DLC is five months behind, and no one thought to restructure trophies.

The bad part of it all is if TPA on the Xbox One were on par with the PS3 version, it would still be better.

I think he means in the graphics department.

By the time the Xbox One version drops, both systems will be mostly caught up with tables.

As for the sound bug I agree , it's totally obnoxious it still hasn't been fixed and hopefully the Xbox one version is good at launch.

Remains to be seen if the Xbox One version can do the new lighting and remain at 1080P. I don't think it should be a problem, although seeing slight slowdown on some tables on PS4 makes me worry for the Xbox One version.

I disagree. The PS4 version looks and plays miles better than the PS3 one. Once the tables are caught up and the sound bug adressed, it'll be the definitive version for a little bit until PC get's the new lighting.

Last edited:

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012

As a war-weary XBox No Fun owner, being on par with the PS4 version is the only thing I care about.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

You really need a new schtick.

wolfson

May 24, 2013

you gotta be kidding.next time you play TPA on your PS4 remember to put your glasses on.:cool:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
you gotta be kidding.next time you play TPA on your PS4 remember to put your glasses on.:cool:

When I said what you've quoted-way back in April (it will be September Monday), I wasn't!

Maybe the next time I play TPA on a PS4 (should that happen), I will use glasses. I'm not sure if I'll still need a hearing aid for the sounds.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
rehtroboi40 I`m sorry if I offended you.in my aussie way I was just saying there`s a big difference between PS4 and the other platforms.and as for the sound it has improved.once again sorry,enjoy the rest of your long weekend. :eek:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
rehtroboi40 I`m sorry if I offended you.in my aussie way I was just saying there`s a big difference between PS4 and the other platforms.and as for the sound it has improved.once again sorry,enjoy the rest of your long weekend. :eek:

Don't sweat it, spud! (as NGG would probably say lol!) After the BSD confirmation 2 days ago that won't ruin my weekend. Users of Android, iOS, Mac, PC (my platform), and Ouya will be playing it in a week or two. Would that we could say the same about any gaming consoles.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.