Buyer beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas_Compadre

Feb 17, 2013
This review is based on the Kindle version of Pinball Arcade...

This is probably the best pinball simulation out there, but FarSight is running a rather clever scam and here's how it works:

The app is free, but then you add tables through in-app purchases. I have purchased every table the company has issued, several times over (amounting to several hundred dollars). The tables are currently selling for $4.99 each (recently doubled in price from $4.99 for two tables). Once you have the tables installed, everything runs great -- until suddenly one day you press "start" to play a table and you get a message that says "downloading an improved version of this table". The download usually fails, then when you return to the start screen you find that an arbitrary number of your purchased tables no longer show up... they are now marked as NOT purchased, and the only way to get them back is to re-purchase them!

Now, this has happened to me several times, and to Amazon's credit, they have issued a refund to me each time for the "lost" tables so that I could re-purchase them, but this process takes about an hour because they have to run through a required troubleshooting drill with you over the phone before they finally opt to give you the refund (and I have to presume that at some point Amazon will no longer do the refund).

This is too bad. FarSight have really created a nice series of pinball tables, and it is sad to see them have to revert to such crooked tactics to increase their revenue.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Have you ever tried logging out and back in to your Farsight ID?

That usually does the trick.

I've never had to repurchase tables on any of the platforms I've been on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online