Zen to make big announcement at E3

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
I was listening to the Power Button podcast episode 128 on my way to work today, they had Mel from Zen Studios on to talk about the new Star Wars pack. At the end of the interview he was asked if he had anything to plug. He mentioned that Zen would be making a pinball related announcement at E3 and that it would be based on a new license (not Star Wars or Marvel)

What do you guys think it could be?

Personally I'm hoping for Toy Story or Walking Dead (even though I really just want more Marvel)
Also I'm crossing my fingers hoping it won't be Game of Thrones

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Pretty sure Disney opted not to renew any of the licensing agreements with the properties it previously had. Unless they were able to get a more comprehensive licensing deal, I would guess it will be some new major license. I would lean to something that can generate a lot of different tables. Walking dead would be huge for a table or two but how much can you really do with that? Maybe dc comics or Star Trek?

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
I don't know why they can't make more tables like Tesla no license and you have a verity of tables. I have all the tables but marvel and Star Wars seem to much the same.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Pretty sure Disney opted not to renew any of the licensing agreements with the properties it previously had. Unless they were able to get a more comprehensive licensing deal, I would guess it will be some new major license. I would lean to something that can generate a lot of different tables. Walking dead would be huge for a table or two but how much can you really do with that? Maybe dc comics or Star Trek?

The topic of renewing licenses with Disney also came up during the interview. From the sounds of it, nothing is certain but I wouldn't start writing off the possibility of new Star Wars/Marvel tables down the road

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
Doesn't Disney currently favor Stern with the success of Pirates of the Caribbean and TRON Legacy with what is likely The Muppets on the horizon?

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Harry potter?

Wouldn't be surprised though. Maybe DC? I know it would be a conflict of interest but they have not done many marvel tables of late and usually the license isn't that long. I know Deadpool is on the way but......

Back to the future would be cool. Yeah walking dead would be cool but I think they want a wider audience.

N

netizen

Maybe the beta is finished on their stand alone SLF game, and are ready to release it?

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I don't know why they can't make more tables like Tesla no license and you have a verity of tables. I have all the tables but marvel and Star Wars seem to much the same.

Because the licensed tables sell a lot more copies. And they get a lot more publicity from the gaming press.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hmmmm....

I'd shoot down Hairy Potter simply for the reason that Warner Bros has its own game division, and they are not done yet milking that franchise. Same reason I don't think it'll be a Disney license.

It could be another comic license, but if not Marvel, who? Not DC, as again, that's Warners. Franchise movies? What, a Hunger Games pinball? I would say Hobbit if it wasn't for JJP having that.

My guess is....Aliens and Predators! You've got the movies, the comics, the cross overs. I'm a genius!!

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
I suppose if you guys want a serious guess from me, I will guess a Cartoon Network pack featuring Teen Titans GO!, Adventure Time, Regular Show, and The Amazing World of Gumball.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts