PlayStation store problems. It's not just FarSight.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
MLB The Show 14 is releasing today for the PS4. It's published by SCEA. If you pre-ordered the digital version then you were supposed to be able to download it at midnight eastern US time. As of now it is still unavailable to download. "Sony is working on it."

It's not just FarSight that has issues with the store. Sony is doing it to their own product. If they were going to give preferential treatment to anyone, it would be themselves! This just proves that it can happen to anyone.

Dinosaur Toy

Sep 10, 2012
Playstation store problems in the sense of delayed products and errors with posting releases affect everyone - Sony has a bit of a mickey mouse infrastructure in that sense. It seems very prone to problems.

The main discrepancy between FarSight and other publishers is getting patches authorized and deployed. Big publishers seem to be able to get stuff pushed through with a quick turnaround time. Patches for Farsight, and maybe other smaller publishers, seems to take many months at a time. To be honest that could be purely money talking. If EA wants 10 patches for Battlefield 4 in 8 weeks, they're going to get it.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I'm sorry Brakel but i find your constant posts defending farsight to be stomach churning at best and ridiculously fanboyish at worst. They said the ps4 audio problem was a small problem that would be sorted out in no time, and that was just one of the latest issues mentioned. I'm sick and tired of reading this, being promised that, or hearing from other sources other than farsight that what we were told isn't true, is BS or is delayed. Season 2? Silence although too much of it, is would be better than some of the stuff we get told.
I'm fed up with this ! GRRRRR.
Rant over.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm sorry Brakel but i find your constant posts defending farsight to be stomach churning at best and ridiculously fanboyish at worst. They said the ps4 audio problem was a small problem that would be sorted out in no time, and that was just one of the latest issues mentioned. I'm sick and tired of reading this, being promised that, or hearing from other sources other than farsight that what we were told isn't true, is BS or is delayed. Season 2? Silence although too much of it, is would be better than some of the stuff we get told.
Rant over.

Everyone gets to have an opinion. It's not my intention to churn anyone's stomach. Perhaps you shouldn't read my posts.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Rant over.

http://youtu.be/hn6CqU7_FTY

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
While it's true that the store delays suck, stuff like the sound issue fix being delayed isn't Sony's fault. Farsight hasn't even submitted a patch to fix it yet. :/ (and let's be honest, the game never should've launched with such a glaring issue)...so I can understand Daniel's frustration, but let’s not make it personal.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
What if the sound was downgraded on purpose? What if they need the extra processing power in order to run the lighting engine?

I have been keeping my mouth shut on this because it seems silly but... what if? What's with Farsights complete silence on the issue? It's maddening, for what should be a very simple fix.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
While it's true that the store delays suck, stuff like the sound issue fix being delayed isn't Sony's fault. Farsight hasn't even submitted a patch to fix it yet. :/ (and let's be honest, the game never should've launched with such a glaring issue)...so I can understand Daniel's frustration, but let’s not make it personal.

I didn't take it personally or badly. Daniel expressed an honest opinion and I don't expect everyone to agree with or to like me. I also think it's funny.

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
What if the sound was downgraded on purpose? What if they need the extra processing power in order to run the lighting engine?

I have been keeping my mouth shut on this because it seems silly but... what if? What's with Farsights complete silence on the issue? It's maddening, for what should be a very simple fix.

Of course not! Extra power to run lighting engine? That should be the reason for downgrading sound? On the powerful PS4, no way!
Look at other games, with great sound (lighyears away from the awful TPA-sound, with amazing graphics, lighting.....)
By the way, still no update, no new tables in Europe. But maybe we get this in the late afternoon?

But, i wonder to leave TPA, ´cause I´m frustrated, angry and tired of waiting for promises, FS doesn´t keep; excuses, not convincing me; delay over delay...
And, worst of all, a poorly communication from the developers of FS.

Actually, I´m playing Zen´s new 4 StarWars-tables. Most of them are very entertaining and fun to play. Maybe not as challenging as some TPA-tables, not that geat lightning, not that near to real pinball, maybe not delivering a long-time-motivation as some TPA-tables, but especially the sound and the music is a class of it´s own, it´ bugfree, got leaderboards, gets regular updates....

Last edited:

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
Sound in real pinball machines is usually mono, except data east and now Jersey jack.
Not a big deal to me. It is pretty much like the original.
they use the ORIGINAL sound ROMS.
FATSIGHT just need to lift their game a little higher to keep us PS4 users a bit happier.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
And that's why you decided to quote him in your signature? That's just sad.

Perhaps you didn't read my entire post. I also said that I thought it was funny. It makes me chuckle when I read it. I didn't think it would be a big deal to quote a post in my signature. I thought that the only person who could be offended by it would be me and I'm not offended by it. However since it bothers people I'll change it later today.

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
Sound in real pinball machines is usually mono, except data east and now Jersey jack.
Not a big deal to me. It is pretty much like the original.
they use the ORIGINAL sound ROMS.
FATSIGHT just need to lift their game a little higher to keep us PS4 users a bit happier.

The audio mix isn't the problem. The problem is the SAMPLE RATE. The sound is so horribly compressed and tinny that it sticks out like a sore thumb. That quality of audio might sound ok being pushed through a tiny mono iPhone speaker, but it sounds like garbage on anything better.

And sadly, the original sound roms are not used. All of the game audio has been re-sampled by farsight to do an end run around requiring the host to emulate the sound hardware in real time. Again, another handicapped concession made for the mobile platforms.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I actually posted in the wrong area about sound.

Anyways how does the ps4 store have anything to do with the issues with Pinball Arcade? Last I checked no one was complaining about not being able to download dlc. People are upset over the bugs not being addressed and mainly the sound which as Daniel pointed out, Farsight said would be patched 5 months ago.

That has nothing to do with the Sony store problems, this thread makes basically zero sense. Daniel is right, it just comes off as some wierd attempt at appologism for Farsights , and trust me it took me a while to say this but after 6 months I feel fine saying it, total incompetence with the PS4 version.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I actually posted in the wrong area about sound.

Anyways how does the ps4 store have anything to do with the issues with Pinball Arcade? Last I checked no one was complaining about not being able to download dlc. People are upset over the bugs not being addressed and mainly the sound which as Daniel pointed out, Farsight said would be patched 5 months ago.

That has nothing to do with the Sony store problems, this thread makes basically zero sense. Daniel is right, it just comes off as some wierd attempt at appologism for Farsights , and trust me it took me a while to say this but after 6 months I feel fine saying it, total incompetence with the PS4 version.

You must not be reading the same threads that I am.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.