Zaccaria, physics

night

May 18, 2012
I did not know where to place this, so I created a new thread. Now that we know that updated physics are coming (hopefully) soon, I like to share some thoughts.

When the ball rolls all the way down up to the point between the flippers, the ball speed stays the same, and this looks fake. I think that when it reaches the point between the flippers, the ball speed should become a bit faster than it is now, as said it stays the same and this is not how it behaves in real life. When a ball rolls from top to the bottom it builds up in speed. But the speed seems now to be the same when it reaches the bottom as it is half way the playfield.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
When the Physics Update is finally released, i just hope to see the Physics Playing Performance of this real Zacc, is emulated on the virtual ASK Tables, That would be THE DAY !!! = )

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
physics that belong on the bad side of a shroom trip really put me of playing much atm other than to enjoy the gfx and the sfx

im willingmto wait for awhile for a saner more realstic sim

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
When a ball rolls from top to the bottom it builds up in speed. But the speed seems now to be the same when it reaches the bottom as it is half way the playfield.
There is gravity accelerating the ball when going downhill. Discounted from that there is resistance from the playfield, the rails (important) and the air.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inclined_plane

Unfortunately virtual sims ignore the laws of nature, mainly to easify playing.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
You can't add gravity in a game, but you could simulate it I suppose.

Of course you can simulate it. Thats what the whole field of computer simulation is about - mimicking real world physics in a digital simulation. Flight sims, racing sims, pinball sims - they all try to do the same thing. Some do it better than others...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.