iOS - Bug iOS VER 1.1.2 Bugs

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Please post your iOS version 1.1.2 bugs here!

Issues:

Black Hole
- The re-entry gate no longer closes after being opened when you hit the bumpers

Funhouse
- There is still a problem with multiple music tracks playing over each other.

No changes seem to have been made to MM, BOP, TOM, TOTAN, RBION and the preexisting bugs in those tables are still present.

Last edited:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Whilst the new post processing option makes the tables look nicer, the hit on the fps is too great at this point even for my iPad 3 :(.

Hopefully it can be improved upon in time, as it seems to cut the frame rate in half atm so is not an option really :(

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire:
  • The music sometimes fades out for 10 to 15 seconds, usually after a great deal of activity (and therefore sound production) has occurred on the table. I experienced this in V1.1.1 as well.
  • Striking the right wall of the table in the vicinity of the jet bumpers sometimes launches the ball off the table. There is no message or anything when this happens, and a ball is immediately auto-plunged to replace it.
  • Neon Multiball sometimes starts with 2 balls loaded in the plunger lane, neither of which can escape. Occasionally, tapping the extreme lower-right corner (where the plunger would be) will cause one of the balls to make it out of the plunger lane, and the other ball will auto-plunge normally at that point. Highwire Multiball and the Ringmaster Multiballs appear to be working fine so far (but I only occasionally had problems before).
  • My iPad 3 (WiFi only, 64GB, iOS 5.1.1, all other apps forced closed) seems to be able to run with the post-processing on, but at a small cost in frame rate and occasional stuttering if a big light show is going on. I do not seem to be experiencing the extreme slowdown reported by some users.

Black Hole
- The re-entry gate no longer closes after being opened when you hit the bumpers.
From what I remember of the real table, it was never supposed to close the gate via striking the bumpers on the lower level. It's been a very long time since I've seen a real Black Hole, though.

Peter NYC

Apr 17, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire (full version) - the game crashes within 10 seconds on both my iPad 3 & iPhone 4S. I tried rebooting & reinstalling but that did nothing other than erase my achievements and high scores on the devices. I am running the latest OS on both devices. Several other users are reporting this issue on the Pinball Arcade Facebook page as well.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
On CV. Started neon multiball and it pulled back to the plunger cam making the flippers and view unplayable. Also, one time, after finishing a game of CV, I started a new game and there were 2 balls in the plunger chute.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire (full version) - the game crashes within 10 seconds on both my iPad 3 & iPhone 4S. I tried rebooting & reinstalling but that did nothing other than erase my achievements and high scores on the devices. I am running the latest OS on both devices. Several other users are reporting this issue on the Pinball Arcade Facebook page as well.

I've had no problems on my iphone 4

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
During testing of the nudge function, why I'm doing the testing and not FS is another question enitrely, CV gave me the "boom marvel" while I was just holding the ball and nudging the table. Thanks, but I'm certain that wasn't supposed to happen.

Also, nudging is still messed up. In landscape, I can shake it up and down, shaking side to side does nothing. Vice verse in portrait. At one point, I could only shake from one side, it wouldn't shake until I shook it the other way. For some reason, that went away.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
If the current programming for the gate on BH is correct, then the instructions need to be updated to reflect that. The instructions still say that unless you are in multi ball, any pop bumper hit in the lower playfield will close the gate. In multi ball, the pop bumpers and all of the 10 point targets (slings, mostly) will close the gate. This way makes the game much easier, but based on the leader board scores, I'm the only one that needs that sort of help.

Peter NYC

Apr 17, 2012
CV crashing - I also had this problem on my iPhone 4S & iPad 3. I tried reinstalling to no avail. Finally - this got it to work:

1. Close all background apps, 2. Delete Pinball Arcade, 3. Reboot device, 4. Redownload Pinball Arcade, 5. Reboot Device (perhaps overkill), 6. Start Pinball Arcade, 7. Select and play CV.

To close background apps, double click the Home key, press & hold apps at bottom of the screen & press the red minus sign on the upper left of the app.

To reboot, press and hold the power button & the home key simultaneously until the apple logo appears.

Hopefully this will be of help for some people!

Captain Chris

Jun 6, 2012
Where are you guys seeing the Post Processing option? I updated yesterday and I don't see it in the game. Is it only on the iPad 3?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I seem to be part of a very small minority who can get acceptable (but very far from ideal) performance with the post-processing on. For most people it just seems to wreck the frame rate. The light level is really odd, too. It's not bright enough to make the playfield art colors pop, yet it's not dark enough to make the light show stand out, either.

To be fair, the update description did say "first pass" at lighting, so it's possible this is a straight port of the consoles' lighting package and it is just overwhelming the iPad 3, especially since its native resolution (2048x1536) is significantly higher than even 1080p (1920x1080)! At any rate, it's definitely a "beta" option and not one that I'd keep turned on in regular play.

Presumably in the second pass FarSight will remove/simplify some of the lighting effects to strike a better balance between aesthetics and performance.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I seem to be part of a very small minority who can get acceptable (but very far from ideal) performance with the post-processing on. For most people it just seems to wreck the frame rate. The light level is really odd, too. It's not bright enough to make the playfield art colors pop, yet it's not dark enough to make the light show stand out, either.

To be fair, the update description did say "first pass" at lighting, so it's possible this is a straight port of the consoles' lighting package and it is just overwhelming the iPad 3, especially since its native resolution (2048x1536) is significantly higher than even 1080p (1920x1080)! At any rate, it's definitely a "beta" option and not one that I'd keep turned on in regular play.

Presumably in the second pass FarSight will remove/simplify some of the lighting effects to strike a better balance between aesthetics and performance.

I'm not sure exactly what the post processing option is even trying to do, the lighting seems even worse to me than without it on. As you say the colour is really washed out, looking almost black and white, like some strange instagram filter has been applied. The frame rate is bad on mine, its not crawling or unstable, its just been at least halved. I would say its dropped to about 15 frames/sec as I think even 30 would look better than this.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I can confirm the multiple music tracks bug in Funhouse. It happened to me today for the first time when I played two games in a row.

starck

Jun 7, 2012
Want to report a bug- iPhone 4: 'nudging' is now much more sensitive. It's so sensitive, that sometimes I'll be trying to hit a flipper, and the game will mistake my 'tap' as a 'swipe' somehow, and the table will nudge. It's caused me to tilt at least once or twice mid-game. Anyone else notice this?

Also, in CV, the BOOM seems to pop-up a LOT. I have no idea if this is how it is supposed to be. But compared to the last version, it's now popping up all the f-ing time.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire seems to have more problems since the update. Notwithstanding the crashing on some devices. Skill shot seems very random and I NEVER make it on the first ball. First trip to the Side Show always awards Neon Multiball. Issues with the camera moving to the plunger at multiball starts. I think the Juggler lock is starting too quick as well. These are some of the ones I'm having. Playing on ipod touch 4g with latest ios.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
First trip to the Side Show always awards Neon Multiball.
Really? That's very odd. I had the post-processing on because I wanted to see how Neon Multiball looked with the new lighting and it took 17 trips to the Side Show to get it to award Neon MB. I was beginning to think that it had somehow been dropped from the list of possible awards.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.